Camera plays a sound (eg. siren) on motion or on demand

Sure that would be awesome, i would like the Diablo 3 legendaries drop sound on my living room, that would rock hard haha

1 Like

For me, I’ll play this sound file Home Alone - Angels With Filthy Souls (only the clip) - YouTube home alone style

3 Likes

You gave me an idea,

2 Likes

For decades I relied on the BBD security system (Big Black Dog). After our beloved Black Lab died we went to version 2 - the BBd (Big Bark small dog).
I would like my cameras to be able to bark.
Others might want their cameras to say “This place is protected by Wyze”.
But I’m sure if my cameras set off barking or talking it would get people approaching them thinking.

5 Likes

Looking for a way If I notice someone has entered my home or Is lurking around outside On my app. That I can use the 2 way audio to trigger a high pitched alarm sound that plays through all my wyze cams. Just to get them out or warn them off. Is this possible In the near future? Seems like just programming an added alarm button that I can manually trigger or set up when I’m out of town to go off if someone is in my home.

5 Likes

I know that sound quality improvements from the speaker have already been requested, but would there be a way to program the ability to play clearly audible sounds or tones?
I use my Pan to monitor my puppy while I am at work and can’t be sitting at my desk yelling into my phone in an attempt to try to distract her from something that she shouldn’t be doing. Most of the time she can’t hear me yelling unless she’s right next to the camera anyway.

2 Likes

I see this embedded in the IFTTT wishlist. Ability to play audio is a predecessor to the IFTTT trigger. Breaking out play audio ask so it can be community voted (and presumably more atomic asks are more likely to get onto a Roadmap sprint). Want to have specific audio play on designated camera based on events. e.g.

• new external WyzeCam plays audio that announces person they’ve been noticed and recorded
  • use Wyze Sense trigger to play audio
  • use MaxDrive (vs cloud) to store, manage, play audio files
3 Likes

hopefully when GA rolls out thru IFTTT if you have a wyze cam and a google home together in my garage when motion is triggered in my garage Black Sabbath will blare thru my google home and scare off the robber.

1 Like

First, love the new window and motion sensors! These are useful, but would potentially benefit from the ability to use the speaker in the camera(s) as an alert/alarm. My personal use case for this is knowing if our children open the slider door with an audible alert from the camera speaker. Bonus points if the ability is added to set an audible alert between daily time thresholds!

5 Likes

I would like to see an outdoor camera that has the option to record your own messages that are played when motion is detected. When a porch pirate shows up on your doorstep a message that you recorded would play to scare them off, probably would be best to have a few messages that randomly play so the pirate does not hear the same one twice and catch on. This should have the option to turn on and off easily so it would not play for the delivery person or welcomed company.

2 Likes

I’m pretty excited about these new Contact Sensors, and I have them installed in all of my windows and doors and doors. That said, I would like to request a feature to enable an Alarm sound to a camera when a Contact Sensor is opened. I think this may have been suggested somewhere else but I just want to emphasized how important this is for me as a parent. Burglary and thefts are not the only major use case here. I have a toddler who sleeps in a different room. At night, when it’s bed time, my anxiety is way up through roofs. I may sound like a paranoid dad but child abduction is REAL!

I made a quick app prototype to show interaction on how this alarm feature could be added based on existing user experience. I can envision this feature being integrated with Alexa, Google Home or other IA devices as well, like introducing door chimes. But I think the basic alarm function would be a good starter.

1 Like

I’d love to put contact sensors on all my windows, then hit my Away shortcut. If any camera senses motion, it should play a recording “Remote video recording activated.” If any door/window sensors are opened, all cameras should start recording, play an alarm sound as loud as they can, then count down “Contacting authorities in 10…9…” and switch back to the alarm after that. I should also be able to designate specific Waze Bulbs to flash like strobes when the alarm is triggered. Finally, my phone should play a distinctive alert, preferably one that keeps ringing until answered. If my wife or I haven’t logged into the app within 3 minutes, it should trigger an emergency response and send out emails.

1 Like

It would be cool if you could setup a notification chirp/noise to play from your Camera (probably the camera connected to the Bridge would make the most sense) whenever one of the ‘shortcut’ alarms are triggered. Of course this would be something that you’d have to independantly create a schedule (shortcuts) for.

At the moment, my android app doesn’t make the notification noise every time an alarm is sounded. And sometimes it is delayed by a minute, or up to an hour. I doubt this is the Wyze app’s fault, but rather my phone not pushing notifications as quickly. So I would think a good solution would be to have the Wyze camera make a noise when the shortcut is triggered. Make sense? Pun intended.

2 Likes

As long it is not the default action. I would hate to be trying to catch unauthorised personnel with chirping cameras.

2 Likes

i have my cam in my garage next to a google home mini…i want it to play a loud obnoxious song when motion is triggered!

I do something similar with a PIR sensor. If it triggers at night, it turns on the backyard and driveway lights. If it triggers during the day, a loud radio in the garage tuned to a news talk channel is turned on.

1 Like

I’d love to record an audio soundbite I could play through my WyzeCam.

Specifically I’d like to record a soundbite of a police scanner. If I got a notification of an intruder I’d like to play the police scanner audio and scare the intruders. They’d freak, thinking police are there.

I suppose if you have a police scanner, you could have a smart switch turn it on when the PIR sensor is triggered.

I think being able to play a sound file on the cam that was triggered is a very logical next step given the fact that the cam already has the capability to do so (when setting up the cam). This also suggests that implementation effort would be limited for the Wyze team.

Besides al the reasons already given in this thread, also if combined with other potential future features like e.g. face or voice recognition, being able to play a personalized sound file would make a lot of sense. Just make sure volume control is also implemented.

Thanks Wyze for your great products and for listening to your customers.

Yes!! I used to have an app that I could monitor my dog (set up iPad at home and could watch on my phone) and it would let you pre-record commands, etc. So if I was in a meeting and saw that my dog was doing something she shouldn’t, all I had to do was press the “stop” command that would then play to my dog. It would let you record many different commands so I could also “praise” her when she stopped, or tell her to lay down. It was soooo handy for those situations where it would not have been appropriate for me to start yelling into my phone to get her attention.

1 Like