Camera not connecting after scanning QR Code

Hey Wyze Community,

Having an issue where I need to of my V2 came disconnected from my wifi. So I power cycle it and then go through the steps of setting up again only for it to scan the QR code and then tell me it can't connect after a minute or so of trying. Anyone else run into this?

Is your phone connected to the same 2.4GHz wifi network (SSID) to which you’re trying to connect the camera?

hi Kyfry85,

if the unit scan the qr code successfully (audio prompt would state that qr code scanned successfully), but the unit is unable to connect to wifi, you may want to verify the password as an initial troubleshooting step. you can verify the wifi password on the “Select device Wi-Fi” setup page by clicking on the closed eye icon to the right of where your wifi password is entered, revealing the wifi password in clear text.

thanks!

Sure is.

I’ve verified my password multiple times. Still the same result.

thanks, the unit is also in the same location it was previously, correct - and within range of the wireless ap/router.

Yup. Nothing has changed with the location. Same location and everything.

thanks, if the wifi password has been verified, the unit is in the same location and within wifi ap/router range, are you able to setup the unit from another mobile device; i.e. ipad, iphone.

Tried on my Galaxy tablet and the same result as before.

thanks, any chance you would be able to connect the camera to a different ssid/wifi network, and see if it is able to connect. trying to determine if the issue is with the camera and/or the setup process (qr code). if that is not possible, can you perform a factory reset on the camera and try to set it up again on the same wifi network.

I am having the same issue after an attempted update. The camera will no longer connect to the WiFi network.

I have performed a factory reset.

Same network.

Same location.

Attempted on multiple devices.

I do not have the ability to try using a different WiFi network.

No ability to connect to WiFi after the qr code is scanned.

1 Like

having same problem and did try differant phones and differant wifi at differant houses and was on 2.4 keeps timing out not connecting after qr code scaned …i have ordered six cames not one works should i return them and go get something differant.

If the guide doesn’t help , and you can’t get the help you need here on the forum, you can submit a request for support.
They will take care of it for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033823671-Wyze-Cam-Setup-Guide

2 Likes

Hi, Was it solved? Having the same issues and did everything.

Thanks

1 Like

during initial setup, after scanning the QR code, my wyzecamv2 will not connect, this is happening to 3 of my v2 cameras

1 Like

Welcome to the forums! Does your ssid have any spaces, or characters other than letters and numbers in it? Can you provide more info as to any error codes, and more info about your wifi source. What app version are you using? Is it scanning the code and not connecting, or not scanning the code at all? As much info you can provide is better for troubleshooting otherwise it’s a complete guess.

Thank you for your response.
It scans the code successfully, then would attempt connecting for a long time then later says “connection failed, try re-typing your password. if that doesn’t work, try rebooting your router and modem.”

Unfortunately, its been non of the above as I have done that several times and it never connects.

I was of the thought that probably, I did not upgrade the device before the deadline date, before trying to re install the wyzecamv2, but the 4 wyzecam pan connects and are working perfectly