• App Version: 2.17.31
  • OS: Android 11. Note: Ran the ADB Command to turn Doze mode off
  • V3 FW: 4.36.0.252
  • V2 FW: 4.9.6.238
  • WCO FW: 4.17.1.027
  • WCO Base FW: 4.16.1.13
  • WCO Base Plugin: 1.5.5.10
  • CamPlus subscriber

I am finding that the loading speed of the camera’s and some of the 0 KB/S can be corrected by doing 1 simple thing. Clear the App Cache by going to Account, App Settings. Once I clear the cache, close the app, then reconnect to the app again. The camera’s seem to load faster and without the 0 KB/S issue. I also experience faster notifications from all camera’s (May be a fluke on the notification, but I can only report what I am experiencing).

This may be a bug or an issue, so wanted to mention it here to see if others are experiencing the same.

Also Note: I sometimes do a Force Stop to ensure the app is fully unloaded from Androids Memory Space. But not on a regular basis.

2 Likes

this is a good clean and simple solution for something! I like it. I will definitely be trying this when I get home as I have had a few that have been hanging as of today which I put off as a bandwidth issue due to snowmadeggon 2021. if this does work there are many apps you can use to do scheduled maintenance such as cache clearing, I might have to look into one of those.

I cleared the Cache from within the App. Did not realize that it was the same as the App Cache within Android. Guess I could have put 2 and 2 together… :slight_smile:

EDIT
I just did a quick test of clearing the Cache. Seems, clearing it from the App worked better. But, not sure. you may want to clear it from within the Wyze App as your first test. Then clear it from the Android system after you run it for a period of time.

1 Like

Could you suggest a couple of Android cache clearing apps that work on user designated apps?
I’ve been doing this on Wyze and Directv for years, but manually through Android settings.

I don’t believe this one has a scheduling option, as I use the free version. It might in the paid version.

Capture+_2021-02-16-16-11-55

But you mentioned wanting to designate certain apps to clean you can choose the apps you want to clear

2 Likes

THANKS!!
I’ll probably try it out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.