Wyze device control with all Alexa devices and Alexa Routines

Right now, I can ask Alexa to “show me X camera” and it will display on my Echo Show. But I can’t include displaying a camera as part of a routine.

For example, when the dogs start barking in the middle of the night I would love to be able to just say “Alexa, what’s going on” and have a routine run that: 1. turns on my outside lights, 2. displays my Wyze camera on the Echo Show on my bedside table.

I’m not sure if that’s something Wyze can even implement, but I could be wrong. Do you know if any other manufacturers have a method for you to do this through a routine? Since Alexa already knows how to grab the video, it sounds more like something Alexa needs to integrate into their Routines feature generally.

I don’t know which party makes these things happen. But I do know that you can communicate easily with Wyze on forums like this and they do listen and respond. Amazon, not at all. So if this is something for Alexa to intergrate, hopefully Wyze has a backchannel to Amazon where they can say “hey, our users are asking to be able to XYZ with our cameras on your Echo devices”.

2 Likes

That’s why we love 'em. :slight_smile: Haha.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Alexa Routine Integration for Wyze Sense

@brent

I moved (again) your post over to this more relevant #wishlist topic from it’s previous home here: Alexa Routine Integration for Wyze Sense - #119

Thanks.

Happy Holidays

Anthony

I have an Echo Dot, don’t really have a need nor room for anything more. Would be extremely convenient if even the Dot could do simple commands such as turning on/off then camera or active the wyze shortcuts. But also when the cam detects motion/sensor detects a door opening per say, it active a vocal response on the Dot. “Kids, put the chicken down” for instance. Or even an intruder security message.

You can do this with routines in Alexa already with a door contact sensor , you can set what you want Alexa to say , my routine when my front door opens Alexis says “front door open”

I use Wyze cam and other devices as my home security system for my apartment. I love that the I’m home/ I’m away buttons were added to the app. However, these don’t allow you to turn notifications from movement or wyze sense on/off.

I would love to see that I could tell Alexa “I’m home, and the notifications would go off.” Also, telling alexa “I’m leaving” and the notifications come back on. As well as be able to do this when using the I’m home/ I’m away buttons in the wyze app.

Ah, ok, don’t have any door sensors. Was hoping the camera could connect so when it detects a person, I could have Alexa announce something.

I would like my smart plug to turn on a fan when the outside temperature (Alexa knows it, so does my Nest thermostat) reaches a set temperature I set.

I do not know of a way to do this using Alexa, but Alexa is not my strong suit either. You can do this with IFTTT however, just set up an IF using one of the weather services and the Then with the WYZE smart plug.

Yeah, the cameras are more limited on what you can do

With IFTTT and Alexa, you can make a routine where you say I’m home and it turn off the cameras, or say to Alexa that you are leaving and turn the cameras on.
I am using it and it work perfectly.

It’s technically possible if you want to leave a Wyze Plug plugged in, doing nothing. You can turn on the plug when a person is detected, tell Alexa to say “Person detected” when the plug turns on, then have Alexa turn the plug off so it’s ready for next time.

You should go here and vote for a Wyze Virtual Switch. That would allow more robust interactions like this without needing to sacrifice a Wyze Plug for every interaction.

1 Like

I haven’t tried it, but you probably can do this with a Google Assistant routine. Amazon Alexa routines are limited to only the actions they allow. Google routines, however, are just like stringing together a bunch of voice commands.

1 Like

Hi,
I want to achieve something very simple. When I leave home to turn on motion detection by the motion sensor, using a Alexa routine. Alexa, I’m leaving… then turn on the motion detection. Or using IFTTT. If a smartthigs switch turns Off (I am Off) … then turn On push notifications on the wyze motion sensor. I am not able to do any of the two above things because the Alexa skill for Wyze and IFTTT are not supporting wyze motion sensor activation and deactivation
Please any idea would be highly appreciated.
Wyze people be wyze… your system has a lot of limitations. It is ridiculous that every time I leave home I should enable manually in the app the sense motion, and disable it when I come back

Hi @titust11, I have moved your post to the relevant #wishlist topic. You can vote for it at the top-left. :slight_smile:

Search Wishlist (enter your search word/s after #wishlist in the search box)
Search Roadmap (enter your search word/s after #roadmap in the search box)

Please read through How to Use the Wishlist and How to Read the Roadmap.

I asked the community if this is possible right now, with the existing Wyze software. You moved my post to the wishlist because if I understand well, what I want to achieve is not possible presently. Right?
Why didn’t you say so: Man this is NOT possible right now. Wyze has a lot of limitations, implicitly what you want is a wish. It will be implemented by Wyze when the pig flies…
The wish list is something it will never be implemented by Wyze, like the ST integration which was promised long ago