Camera behind window has bright reflection?

support

I have several cameras on my window ledges facing outward to my yard etc. But at night I am getting a very bright reflection back into the camera from some sort of light surce on the camera i believe. . Without moving the camera outside is there any way to remedy this? Thanks a bunch!

G.

The only thing you can do is set the night vision mode to ‘Off’ which turns off the IR lights causing the reflection. I have cameras other than Wyze that do the same thing. If you have enough light outside from other sources your camera will still work, but not as well.

No there really isn’t. Window glass reflect the IR light emitted by the camera. If you have lots of lighting outside, you can try turning off night vision, which will also turn off the IR LEDs. If there’s enough light outside, you may get a usable image.

There have been many requests for Wyze to provide the ability to turn off the IR LEDs while leaving night vision enabled so people can use their own IR floodlights mounted outside. No word on when or if Wyze is planning to implement this.

Some people have reported success with taping over the IR LEDs which can see as red dots visible in the black part of the front of the camera when night vision is on. You may want to try this.

Worked like a charm guys!

Thanks a bunch! G.