Cam v3 not recognizing memory card

Received camV3 today installed update and was working fine. Powered down, removed the memory from my cam v2 and installed in the V3. Cam not recognizing the card. Removed card, reinserted, no difference.

Hello @jesoma and welcome to the community

What size SD card is it, Wyze only supports up to 32GB, I do know some users have successfully used larger ones but they have been more problematic in the v3’s. If you do some searching I believe some have got them to work.

32gb. Was working fine in my Cam V2 that I took it out of.

Hi @jesoma! :slightly_smiling_face:
The V3 seem to be a bit finicky on the uSD cards. If you have an adaptor, try formating the uSD card using FAT32 and un-check the default “Quick” option so it can mask out any bad cells.

• Quick format just marks the partition as “formatted” and destroys the journal that keeps tracks of the files and their locations on hard drive.

• Full format will clear files completely from the partition, rebuild the file system, volume label, and cluster size, and scans partition for logical bad sectors; that’s why full format is slower than quick format. Wyze devices must always use the FAT32 format.

Hope this helps. :four_leaf_clover:

Looks like the card is toast. I’m unable to format the card with windows or a third party app. Strange thing is I can still see all the files and folders on the card. Chkdsk didn’t help either. Card is a Sandisk maybe just over a year old. The one that is working is Samsung. Just bought a new 32g at Sumsung.com for $7.49, free ship.

If you have not already done so, download this and try reformatting in FAT32:

EaseUS Partition Master

No go. Finishes with "There are some error occurred while writing partition chains on disk.
The operation is complete, and some operations failed.

The SD card is bad. It happens. I had a card go bad, it was a Wyze card, too.

I suspect some of the “connection” errors being reported are really due to card errors. There must be some sanity checks that need to be done when a connection is established. And one of those, is to check that the SD card is still functional.

1 Like

Hi again @jesoma Glad you found the problem. SD Cards can usu be read but not written to when they go bad.
@Ipil60R34s Last I checked the Wyze cards are not the High Endurance type. High endurance means that it supports more write cycles. I agree with you on the “connection errors” due to card errors. I’ve experienced that problem myself.

Here is a little ditty on why it is preferable to use High Endurance cards in your device(s).
Info On High Endurance (HE) Cards