Cam v3 event recording schedule gone?

Did they get rid of the option to set a schedule for events to be recorded, or is that a bug in the app? My v2 cams are set to record events only when I’m not home and through the night. I don’t even have the option to set up a schedule with the v3. Kind of annoying as it goes off constantly with cars and people passing by the house all day.

3 Likes

I have the same question, Just got a v3 and can’t find a way to have motion detection on all day. Instructions given at the url below show options that apply only to my older cams. Under “Event Recording” I get only two toggles to turn on or off “Detects Motion” and “Detects Sound.” No option for scheduling of any kind. What’s different with V3?

https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030119251-Event-Recording-and-Schedule

1 Like

I just got mine and can verify that there is no way to set a recording time period. Evidently, Wyze just removed it and it’s just too bad for customers :frowning_man:

1 Like

Hopefully Wyze will implement this setting later. I am tired of getting motion detection recordings and having to delete them all day. I don’t know why Wyze removed this feature for this cam.

2 Likes

I wish they would have left that feature for v3, but you can add a schedule to mute notifications with a start and end time universally or for a specific device that provides similar functionality.

I just got this surprise too when I replaced a bunch of my v2’s with v3’s. One would think a higher version = improved, not a downgrade.

1 Like

Looks like a bug, no reason that they want to force 24/7 detection to further stress their video and notification servers

I just looked in the wyze app. You can create a new rule, select schedule, then turn on or off motion detection for my v3’s. Is that what you were talking about?

No, those are the regular schedules that can be applied universally or to a specific device or devices. I referenced them above as an alternative to event recording schedules. Regular schedules are found in the settings menu under Schedules and Automations. Event recording schedules are available on v1 and v2 cameras and are found in the settings menu under Event Recording. These schedules let you choose a start and end time to record events when the camera either detects motion, sound, or both. Schedules created when you add a rule (or through the Schedules and Automations menu) have options like mute/unmute notifcations or turn on/off motion detections, so they sometimes can provide similar functionality.

That’s a good walkaround for now, thanks! Though I still think it should be added back in per-camera settings right there for consistency (with v2 cameras) and discoverability.

Yes. I noticed the new rule feature. It allows you to turn on/off notifications and motion detection, but not sound detection. I have a Cam V3 pointing at my backyard. I want motion and sound detection at night, but off during the day. I keep notifications off at night too, I’m just playing around by tracking the wildlife every morning. But I just discovered the rule that triggers notifications to turn on when it detects a person. Not sure if it will turn on notifications and also send a notification, but I’ll test it.

1 Like