Cam V2 Exterior Mounting Decoys

Alexa has several barking dog Skills. When I get a chance, I’m going to figure out how to get Wyze (I’ve got three) to tell Alexa to tell the “dogs” to bark.
I live in DC where gun ownership is discouraged, but again, when I get a chance, I’m going to a gun store and record the sound of a 12-gauge being “racked”.
It would be useful if Wyze developed, maintained, and published a list of IfTTT scripts that worked off a Wyzecam trigger.

1 Like

rbruceporter can you provide any links?

These are two fairly recent threads

2 Likes

Shame we’ve gotten to this point.

Hundreds of years ago.

1 Like

I agree. Still a shame

@Vancity23, the Reddit community is VERY active in general. As for hidden locations, I really liked the one where one guy in Florida mounted his camera inside a very nicely designed “mid-century-modern” post for the mail box. Post contained a Wyze, lead-acid storage battery, solar panel, charge controller, digital volt meter - AND a mailbox. All in a very neat package out by the street, away from the house.

1 Like

Do you happen to have the URL for the Reddit handy? I have been thinking about doing this using one of the larger phone charging batteries… and
How did he(?) get around not having internet available for the phone?
(I wish they would go back to allowing that)
Thanks & happy Holidays!!

I did download the Reddit app and spent some time searching but didn’t find it very easy to navigate around and find Wyze decoys.

I think we are confusing two topics: Wyze enclosures for outdoor use and dummy (decoy) cameras to scare potential miscreants away. Google separately and I’m sure you will get lots of hits.
And it may be possible to use a Wyze without an internet connection if you do have LAN (WiFi) system. The Wyze would not be able to call your phone to tell you what is going wrong, but it could still record to an SD Card. I think; haven’t tried this.

1 Like

I’ve had my Wi-Fi go out and the cameras still work. And I’ve had my Wi-Fi go out and the cameras not work. So I don’t really know exactly what causes them to work or not work when the Wi-Fi goes out for me.

Terrible problem

1 Like

I think this is the thread @Wellcraft19 was referring to: Standalone Solar Powered Mailbox – Although I wouldn’t say he was particularly trying to hide the camera.

2 Likes

@nerdland, thank you. That’s the post! And it clearly wasn’t on Reddit (my bad).
@aschmitt, hopefully you got your answer.

1 Like

How would the camera work with no wifi for power?

WiFi is for network traffic not power? Not sure what you mean?

With no wifi how can it record events…

It can’t! But it will continue to record to the SD card.

1 Like

WiFi does not supply power. WiFi is used to initiate the camera (like
tell it what WiFi channel to use and what the password is) and to notify
you and to upload the video to the cloud. But if you have an appropriate
SD card, the Wyze can store the video there.

1 Like

Yes, sort of… Thanks… :slight_smile: