I know I am being impatient, but I am not sure anyone is seeing my posts. I am a Beta member, have been for a couple of years. I own 1 Pan Cam and 2 V2 Cams. I do keep up with firmware updates, and have the most recent versions on my Cams, 184.108.40.206 for the Pan Cam and 220.127.116.11 for the V2’s. Yesterday I discovered that one of the V2’s had stopped recording video. It had also stopped saving event videos, about 4 days prior. I have had no power outages recently. I used the app on my phone to contact Support via Chat. I had to wait until today to apply changes recommended, since the Cam is outside with ladder access only. Today I did the factory reset, which made no difference. But where I’m concerned is that the Chat rep told me I should flash the firmware, to an older version, since the version I have is not listed on the website! My personal past experience with firmware flashing is that it is not for the faint of heart and not to be taken lightly. I have replied to the Support rep asking her what happens if flashing an older version of firmware bricks the Cam? Seriously, I have seen this happen with phones, routers, etc. I just want to make sure that if I do flash it, it will survive. I’ll have to worry about having one Cam out of sequence with the rest later. So I have ticket numbers for the Chat as well as the log I submitted today, if anyone needs them. I just would like to get a response from someone at Wyze, before I do something risky.
By the way, it’s awfully hard to tell what stage the Cam is at when you can’t even see the little yellow or blue light.