Cam Plus won't activate on my outdoor cam

I cannot get Cam Plus to activate on my outdoor cam. I’ve updated the firmware on the base station and the camera and no luck. When I select the outdoor cam from the list for Cam Plus and click activate, it goes to a page showing only the 2 wyze cams I already had active.

1 Like

Is your app up to date? Make sure it’s IOS version 2.15.22 by going to account, then scroll down to “about”.
If your app is updated, try going to Wyze Home Monitoring Service and adding the camera there.

2 Likes

I checked my version and I have 2.14.23. I checked the App Store and that’s the version they are showing. How do I get the latest version?

1 Like

Update through the app on your cell: go to account > click on firmware upgrade and you should be able to scroll down until you see the Wyze outdoor camera and the Wyze base station and then update them both.

1 Like

Theres a lot of folks saying that the latest app version isnt available in the app store yet (which happens as sometimes it takes longer for apple to approve things)

WCO firmware should be 4.17.0.183 and Base Station should be 4.16.0.187 for camplus on WCO

If thats the firmware you have, I’d say wait until app updates (should be later today - though what you have should be ok) and if still not working submit a log file and reach out to wyze directly.

Info on firmware: https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyze-cam-outdoor-4-17-0-183-and-base-station-4-16-0-187-firmware-released-11-3-20/

Info on app: Wyze App 2.15 Released! 11/9/20

1 Like

The base station and the camera had already been updated when I tried. I thought you were talking about the app. My app is not updated to the version you mentioned above. I don’t see anywhere I can update it to that version.

1 Like

It could definitely be late to the App Store as @joedel263 mentioned. Check back letter to see if it’s there.

1 Like

So I just update my app as well to the version you mentioned above. I still can’t get my licenses for cam plus to activate on either outdoor cam.

Try flipping the little switch on the back of the camera off, then on. If you can do the subscription, try adding it here: Wyze Home Monitoring Service
If both don’t work, try adding the subscription to another camera (not WCO) and moving it to the WCO.

1 Like

I found the problem. I have 4 paid subscriptions and only 2 are showing in my app. Any idea how that can be fixed?

1 Like

Call for Live support. +1-206-339-9646
Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT | Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

2 Likes