Cam Plus Subscription Cancellation

I have 3 V3s still on the free 1 month (2 more days left). I went on the website and bought a year Cam Plus subscription today effective 7/19/2022. Apparently since it auto-renews, they instruct you to cancel the subscription within the next year if you don’t want autorenew. I went ahead and hit the cancel button on my subscriptions and now it doesn’t show up anymore, it only shows my 3 free subscriptions. What happened? Will it still charge my card (there’s an authorization for the total amount of approx $35?

Welcome to the user-to-user forum, @djxpress!

I haven’t done what you did, but my guess is only the paid subscription is cancellable. So the free subscriptions live on.

With the free subscriptions I believe you can reassign them or unassign them, but not cancel them. Just wait for it all to shake out in two days to be sure what’s happening, and then if you still want Cam Plus you can re-subscribe. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did the same today. I don’t want to continue paying next year, but also don’t want to refund this year. Ig you have to wait to cancel after 30d or smth?

My understanding is you get a pro-rated refund whenever you cancel. Someone who has experienced that please let us know for sure. :slight_smile:

1 Like

8\25\23 POST UPDATE: Wyze modified their subscription refund policy in the Fall of 2022. See new post below for new information.

Yes. If it is purchased direct from Wyze on the website, you will get a prorated refund for the unused days on the subscription refunded to the CC on file. It terminates and refunds on the date of termination, not the end of the term. So if you want to continue to the end of the term, but not renew, you have to wait and cancel just before expiration. If you do it now, it terminates now.

If you bought the subscription from the app, it is processed thru the app store for your OS. It is my understanding from other users that the iOS store will not refund subscriptions. I have not read anything as it pertains to Android app store purchases.

3 Likes

Wyze is no longer refunding prorated services. I had 3 yearly cam plus subscriptions that still had a couple of months remaining on them and I switched to the monthly unlimited cam plus (there was a promo running). I emailed support and they will not give me the prorated amount for the remainder of my 3 yearly cameras. Seems kind of like deceitful business practice.

UPDATE FROM POST ABOVE

Please note that the post to which you replied is from July 2022. I did edit that post to avoid any future confusion as the policy has changed since then.

In the Fall of 2022, somewhere in the begining of the last quarter, months after my post, Wyze transitioned their subscription tracking and management to a new software platform. This change modified their subscription refund policy.

All subscriptions purchased after that date are non-refundable. Any legacy subscription purchased prior to that transition from the Wyze Website thru the old subscription tracking and management platform may be eligible for a pro-rated refund provided it has not yet been migrated over to the new software platform.

As always, ANY subscription purchases made thru the Wyze App, which are sold, processed, and managed thru the user’s OS App Store (Apple, Google), regardless of the date purchased, are non-refundable per the terms of your respective App Store User Agreement. Wyze has no control over these subscriptions.

The change has been widely discussed here in the forum.

1 Like

Mine was from November of 2022.

That would seem to have been after the transition to the new platform. No one knows when the actual date was for the transition to the new platform, but November and December 2022 purchases are almost always being reported as non-refundable for CP. October dates are suspect. And, it doesn’t help also that not all subscription product offerings appear to have been transitioned to the new platform at the same time.

I purchased before that, around April of 22 and they still said no refund, not even $3 for the last month.

Sorry to hear that. But, as I stated above:

And

Currently, I tell everyone who asks to expect no refund for the unused term on cancelled subscriptions. There is no way to tell when each subscription product was migrated to the new platform or if\when legacy subscriptions were migrated. If a customer is lucky enough to get a refund for unused term, count it as a win for the day.

Sure. Never expect it but I worked for a subscription style ed-tech company before and a small refund, even $3 can go a long way to customer happiness and make a difference in the long run. Also number wise, and the company I worked for was smaller (only around 400,000 customers) than wyze at the time, had calculated out giving refunds because as customer service we were aware of if a person had been using the account or not. The bosses would say to refund. They ran extreme numbers to ease our minds and found that even if they refunded over 50% of their customers one month they still made plenty of profit for everything and would not be short on any budget. Our monthly fees ran 2.99-12.99 for the average non-commercial customer and they did an average of that amount.

For sure. I completely agree. My understanding from conversations when it started back in 2022 was that the contract platform they went to didn’t even have the capability built into it. I said back then that people weren’t going to be happy about it. I have had to edit countless posts from before then because the previous system had it built into the electronic cancelation.

Not disagreeing with you at all. Just clarifying the way it is.

Well they just lost an additional $5-$7 /month for ? years from this subscriber due to this archaic policy of not prorating subscriptions when upgrading. Won’t be adding to my selection of Wyze cameras in the future.

1 Like

O have 4 cameras, 2 are monthly subscriptions through Google Play. I understand I can add my other 2 cameras for a total of $9.99 monthly. I can’t subscribe through Wyze, just Google Play. I can’t get a refund either. How can I add the new subscription? There’s no support from Wyze. Unable to chat, no emails are replied to, can’t get phone support.

Why not? Buy One (1) subscription then add the two new cams. $2.99 each or $5.98 for both per month or $19.99ea \ $39.98pair annually.

Just make sure you do it thru wyze.com and not thru the app. (The App subscriptions are purchased from the Play Store)

Wait until just before the Google Play subscription expires (monthly or annually), cancel it thru the Google Play App, unassign the cams from it and then add 2 more cams to your Wyze Web Store subscription you just bought above. 4 cams on one subscription at less cost.