Cam Plus Question

Yep, that exactly what happend. They dont seem to have a way to adjust it from the backend. Try to contact @WyzeDongSheng. Dont know how but somehow if you menioned him he will respond. I hope they’ll see these complaints and do something about it.

My subscription did the same thing when I added a new subscription after I got another camera. That said, my second subscription was pro-rated to match the end date of my original subscription. I’d prefer they did not do this because I don’t want the amount due for my cams coming due all at once when it’s time to renew which can prove expensive if you have multiple cameras!

in your case, if you add new license, the new license will be pro-rated to match the shorter duration. You will see the pro-rated pricing on the billing.

I have 2 subscriptions that I’m not able to use. I click services to set them up and none of my camera’s will show up. I have 5 camera’s on the account.

Thank you for the reply Spanky. I did write him specifically too but haven’t heard back. I did add a bunch more subscriptions and they did get prorated, and I do understand they are trying to save credit card transaction fees by lumping them into one but as others have said, when a significant number of renewals come due at the same time, it is expensive and I beileve it will backfire on them as many will simply decide to scale back on which cams really need Plus. I probably will just for that reason. Breaking it down into different months is easier for a lot of folks to pay off the card and avoid interest. Clearly they make a lot of money from the subscriptions, much more than they do from the products themselves…typical business plan but what went from free to $15/year doesn’t seem like much until people start buying numerous cams. Maybe they’ll see the drop in renewals and offer a Plus package that covers a household/unlimited cams per location instead of by the camera, I’d happily pay $100-$150 annually to cover all my cameras just to be done with it and not have to worry about messing with individual cam configs.
Thanks again.

2 Likes

I agree whole heartedly. When i buy a 1 year subscription it should be good for a year - DUH! I don’t want all of my renewals hitting at the exact same time. Like you said, it’s much easier to budget $15.00 here and there versus being hit with a huge bill all at once (just to make WYZE’s life easier and increase their profits).

If WYZE can’t afford to pay the 2-3% credit card transaction fee then there are much bigger issues at play here.

1 Like

Which is something that may work for Wyze, but is a burden to owners who have more than one camera when all subscriptions come due at once. I think it will cause some people to cancel their subscriptions when it comes time to renew. It will certainly make me think about canceling when it’s time to renew.

1 Like

Mine is the same and im trying to get this remedied. I have 4 cameras bought at different times. The first expires Sept 2021. I preordered the V3 and it came in February. I finally got around to putting it up last week and THAT camera says Sept 2021 also… That is so wrong!