Cam Plus Feature: Detect Delivery Trucks

Would love a CAMPlus feature that, upon vehicle detection, compares the qualities of the vehicle to known others: I.E: Brown box truck: UPS, White Box Truck: FedEx… Could probably even incorporate machine learning to utilize the logos on the side of the vehicle.

From there, analytics can be built for subscribers relating to average delivery windows and such. Also could produce better alerting for package delivery.

Smart idea. Voted.

I like this idea alot, voted

To work, I think this will need some new tags to train the AI, I could see this being really handy.

Identify specific vehicles with new Wyze Cam AI

I watched the latest Wyze video, and was very interested in the mention of the improved camera AI coming next year. If this isn’t already planned, I think it would be great if the AI could identify specific vehicles. In my case, allowing my driveway camera to detect when the mail truck is parked in front of our neighborhood mailbox, so I’d know when the mail was here. Thanks!

3 Likes

Found this thread from searching google for this idea. Vehicle detection would be amazing.

1 Like

This is a fantastic idea, I hope it’s incorporated soon!

So, I just happened to get another “package” notification when a FedEx truck drove by, but didn’t stop (& shouldn’t have). To me it is quite annoying to get nonsensical notifications, so I for one hope they do not associate company logos with AI package notifications (I get enough notifications that aren’t accurate) but it appears they’re already doing some sort of logo triggering considering the truck didn’t stop, no one got out (no person detected) and obviously no one was carrying a package.

As a side note, you all can make an account and register your address with delivery companies directly to get automated notifications on any delivery, upcoming delivery, or delivery attempt to your address, so there’s not a good reason for Wyze to go through the trouble.

Wyze has a feature called “Friendly Faces”. Let’s call this “Friendly Trucks”.

Mmm, ice cream.

How about using AI to easily recognize the logo on a delivery trucks. FEDEX, PRIME, UPS, USPS.
UPS also has brown truck color, USPS is white and blue, Amzon Prime has bluegreen etc.

Then in clude that in paid for intelligence to notify specific brand logo.

1 Like