Cam Plus Early Bird Special Announcement!

Just going by the questions in this forum there are still so many people that have no idea what Cam Plus is.
Too many changes at once. People are confused by the terms, CMC, Cam Plus, PD and Person Detection.

2 Likes

yes, and who fault is that?
If people don’t understand a company’s product the only one hurt us the company. It is on them to market their products effectively. When a customer signs up fir one device and finds that the next day they have been switch yo something else that cost 33% more that is just plain wrong.

The early bird ends before my free trial, would’ve missed that if I hadn’t come here wondering why cam plus trial camera wasn’t detecting anything yesterday. But, camera that I had paid CMC / now CAMplus on wasn’t affected.

If it wasn’t for the fact that the trial appeared just as I was going to enroll it into CMC…

Some is WYZE some is users not reading what is available.

1 Like

Yes, it is odd that they’ve decided to end the Early Bird deal before a lot of trial subscriptions would have ended. Seems like pressure to buy before you can really try it.
Trials are usually available to let customers try before buying.

1 Like

I’m trying to sign up and everytime I enter my credit card information and hit submit, I get the following error: Purchase failed, please make sure the credit card info is right and try again.

However, when I log into my online banking, I can see the charge to my card and then another reversing the charge. I confirmed with the bank (Chase) that they aren’t declining the transaction so I don’t understand what is wrong. I reached out to support yesterday for assistance, but haven’t heard back yet. It’s been about 24 hours now and the clock is ticking for this early bird promotion.

Has anyone else had this problem with their transaction? Thanks!!!

I’ve seen at least one other person getting the same result.

That is so right. Most learning come from failures. So Wyze should be learning. Sadly it appears they will learn the hard way by loosing customers for raising prices without notice, for their technical support that does not call back as they promise, and telling customers they will get credits that they do not actually give. I learned the hard way too as I only found this message board after buying. And I learned that Wyze motion detection does not work reliably so it is an absolute must to have a memory card in their unreliable cameras or the action can never be reviewed. I also learned that their video playback is awful. DVR’s since the 90’s had 2x 4x 8x etc playback so you could quickly review recordings, the Wyze only has real time playback which is a big time waster. Before Wyze raised their prices, and before other alternative options were available I would have simply said that you get what you pay for with Wyze. Not an insult, but what you got is an ok system for an ok price. Now I feel you get less than you pay for and you are subject to the whims of company management changing prices and features without notice or consent if it suites them. Today there are definitely better choices out there.

Hi All,

The code redemption page seems to get stuck on FIREFOX.
I reported the issue to the support team.

1 Like

Are you on firefox? I just repost another issue to the support team while using it

I keep having the same issue

FYI if you are AMEX owner use eligible AMEX small business promo which gives $5 back for this purchase and it only costs 6 bucks. Good Deal!

So this is the only way to get a copy of a video? Good to know. A groundhog visited our patio door this morning and I found it strange the the V2 didn’t detect him, but later found the full visit on the SD card while the cloud only had the first 12 seconds. I guess if the only copy I have is on the SD card I’d have to do a screen capture or something to save my own copy.

You can record the part from your SD card that you want to save.
In playback, Go to the start of the part of the video you want to save , at the bottom tap the record button , at the end tap the button again to stop recording and it will be saved to your device

3 Likes

With an as card installed (a must for Wyze since their free service only records 12 seconds and because even their paid service often flat out fails to detect any motion so you get no alert) you can playback the video recorded on the card. While you are play8mg back you can tap the sd card icon and save a recording to your phone.

I’ll try that, thanks.

Would the resolution be as originally recorded or would it have to match the (tiny) playback window?

It will be the same, if you would like to see it on a larger screen , after you have saved it on your mobile device you can send it to your PC via Bluetooth.
I save those kind of videos on an external hard drive on my network and play them on my 50 inch TV

2 Likes

Can we take moment to recognize simplistic creativity involved with the latest marketing email. (was this created internally or were they purchased stock art?)

These look so cool.

1 Like

I’ve tried two different debit cards for different accounts (same bank) and am still having the same problem. Is there a mod available that can assist? My support ticket I submitted is 703581. Obviously this is a time sensitive matter so I need someone to get in contact with me or address this issue promptly. Thank you!

I can try and grab the attention of someone who may be able to help

@UserCustomerGwen is this something you can assist with?

1 Like