Cam Plus cant add camera's?

Anyone else having an issue with Cam Plus setup using the IOS app? I have 2 active cam plus memberships but, I click services in the app and I click Cam Plus. The app shows my 2 annual subscriptions. I click those and No Cameras Found. Anyone have any ideas on this?

1 Like

I am having no issues in iOS app 2.16.25 ATM.

When you first go into Account Tab > Services, there may or may not be 2 Cam Plus entries. One is possible under Active Subscriptions, and one is possible under Available Subscriptions.

Cameras listed under Active Subscriptions have a license assigned to them. You can Edit and deselect the license there, or assign it to another camera.

Unassigned licenses are under Available Subscriptions. You can assign them to cameras there using the checkbox.

If this doesn’t help, please post a screenshot or two to help clarify your situation.

Thanks!

Yeah, that looks bad if you still have some unassigned V2 or V3 cameras under the Home Tab. If all cameras already have a license installed, then you won’t see them here under Available Subscriptions, but instead you will see them under Active Subscriptions.

Assuming all your cameras don’t already have licenses assigned, you should probably contact Wyze Support to see why the unassigned cameras aren’t showing up here. +1 (206) 339-9646 Monday-Friday 5 am-6 pm PT, & Saturday 8 am-4 pm PT (add 3 hours for ET times).

I’m having the same issue with my V2 and Pan cameras. The V3 cameras are there OK

Both Edit on Active Subscriptions > Cam Plus and the standard screen on Available Subscriptions > Cam Plus should show both V2 & V3 cameras. If you are only looking at the pre-edit screen on Active Subscriptions > Cam Plus, then you will only see the cameras that are currently assigned a license, which may be all V3s.

If you are seeing otherwise, you may need to contact Wyze Support above as well. If you need more clarification, please upload a screen shot with more info.

As you can see from these two screen shots, in my inside group I have three V2 cameras and one pan camera as well as three V3 cameras. I also have two V2s in another group. In the screenshot of available devices in Edit mode the V2s and Pan camera do not appear. The V3s are there and I have assigned licenses

What is the firmware version of the cameras that arnt showing up in the list? Do they by chance have an old firmware that isnt recognized by camplus? RTSP perhaps?

Newest rtsp firmware.

I’m pretty sure Cam Plus will not work with the RTSP firmware. You will need a current production version.

I will give it a try and report back.

1 Like

Ok Newshound, I gave it a try and reflashed 1 of the cams with 4.10.6.218 and you was correct. It will now display that camera in the available section. Thanks for the help

1 Like

I just got of chat with support about this very thing. Cam Plus does not work with RTSP firmware. STSP support on the wyze is one of the reasons I bought them. Maybe go to the feature request page and ask the developers to add cam plus compatibility to the RSTP firmware?

Glad to see I’m not the only one trying to use CamPlus with the RTSP software.

1 Like

I cannot give up RTSP because it is how Wyze connects to my Homebridge. I just purchased two camera subscriptions that are now useless. I will contact Wyze for support and report back if I get anywhere, of course. Can anyone find a way? This is BS, they let me purchase camera’s with RTSP, then let me purchase the subscriptions knowing I only have v2 RTSP cameras (including PAN) and don’t provide any warning. Anyways, let me know if anyone knows how. Can I change firmware and then switch back? I’m guessing no if RTSP prevents this… Should have bought a homekit compatible camera instead of Wyze, I guess.