Cam Plus AI - Provide separate AI Detection and Notification options

Thank You by the way! That app is awesome! On top of using it for Wyze notifications I am using it for other smart home app notification as well!

1 Like

You are quite welcome! It didn’t take me long to buy the full feature app either. It is very comprehensive in what it can do and highly customizable. I am using it across my other Android installed apps as well.

1 Like

:cry: They just halted the V3 Beta… And we were so close to getting this. More waiting.

3 Likes

Same here to both!

1 Like

I would very much like this feature.

I’ve been quietly checking this thread every few months. Please consider prioritizing this feature. Thanks!

This feature exists now with the beta firmware for me. If you’d like it, join the beta. I have no issues running the beta. But hopefully it will be released soon.

1 Like

It was previously available on the Pan and one other cam as a test bed. The V3 is the next cam slated to get it if this iteration of the V3 Beta FW proves out. The last one also had it also but was halted.

Separate smart detection for event recordings and notifications

I would like to have plus cam event recordings for persons, vehicles, pets and packages, but depending on the camera I would like to be notified by for example, just pets and persons. Today I found out it was not possible, and that I can just get notifications on the selected smart detection for event recording. It is a great feature on the event recordings, but we should be able to choose on which of these kind of events to be notified without sacrifying the event recording.

#smartdetectionnotifications #cameras #wishlist

1 Like

It is available on the latest Beta Code. 4.36.10.2632. But you MUST HAVE Cam Plus on the camera for it to work. Cam Plus Lite will not give you the options you want.

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @kiki9! :raising_hand_man:

As @jtbright219 indicated, and as the status of this #roadmap feature shows, the feature to toggle notifications for specific AI types is currently being tested in the current firmware build for the V3 cam and will hopefully pass QA soon to be released publicly.

The feature was previously tested and released on the WCPv1 with great success. I believe it is also available on another Cam as well.

Any update on this feature being added?

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @ajazizian! :raising_hand_man: Happy to have you aboard! :grin:

This feature is being introduced to cams through Firmware Updates on a regular basis. Several cams already have this, like my CamPan V1.

The current V3 Beta Firmware in it’s Release Candidate testing build brings this feature to the V3 and will be available with the next public release.

This is what it looks like in my CamPlus V3 running that Beta Firmware:

5 Likes

Thank you for this update. Plenty of us have been waiting for this for a very long time. With my use case I will finally be able to get the important event notifications I need without everything else.

2 Likes

I’m also running a beta version as I thought I’d get access to that function. Unfortunately, I don’t think they have released a firmware with this feature for the wyze doorbell (the first version). Unless I am mistaken, by which please correct me. I really hope they integrate that feature soon for the doorbell cameras.

It has not yet been developed for the doorbell.

1 Like

This would be great if my dog wasn’t labeled as motion 99% of the time.

I got this email yesterday?

1 Like

The email is correct, it is being introduced, but may have been a bit premature since the feature is not yet available on some cams yet based on the Firmware version they have installed.

The PanV1 and V2 Beta FW that introduced these features has been released into the wild w\ version 4.x.9.1433, so it should be active for anyone who had their cams on that beta build or users who got the public release Firmware update in the slow rollout.

The PanV2 (ẞ 4.49.3.2705) and V3 (ẞ 4.36.10.2700) are still in Beta testing but both are in the Release Candidate build so they should pass QA very soon.

As soon as the PanV2 and V3 Beta Firmware are released publicly, the feature will be available on those cams.

I posted the screenshots above. :point_up:

3 Likes

I’ll try it out after the firmware for my V3 cams is released in the future.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t have to wait too long. I would be guessing, but with the time it took to update the Panv1\V2 Beta from Release Candidate to Public Release, I would estimate seeing it before the end of the month.

1 Like