Cam Plus AI - Provide separate AI Detection and Notification options

This turns off the event recording as well though. Is there a way to turn off the notification for vehicles but keep the recording functionality?

Welcome to the Community @aiyujelly . I am a community member as well and try to assist where I can.

To answer your question, yes you can stop notification for Vehicles and still get notified on other AI items.

Look @Antonius images above:

• The first picture shows Detects motion is on. This needs to be on so the Camera will detect motion.
  • Pic 2 is CamPlus settings. you get there by tapping on the Cam Plus AI Detection seen in Pic 1. When it loads you will see Pic 2 in the Post. Turn off the Vehicle Selection option. This will turn off Vehicle Notifications.
  • Under Notifications Menu option in the Settings area of the Device, make sure you only Notify on AI and Not All Motion.
1 Like

Hi @spamoni, thanks! I noticed the events are just motion events and no longer getting tagged as vehicle events. Is there a way to make them continue tagging as vehicle?

Unfortunately, not at this time. Tagging is based on your selection in Cam Plus AI. So when you turn off the AI Vehicle Notification, the tagging for that stops.

Thank you very much for the answer. Iā€™ve literally been looking for hours and was getting quite frustrated.

If any wyze employees are reading this. Please put this in a more logical place.
I really just want to turn off notifications of vehicles.
And the fact is, the event is recorded, whether itā€™s Cam Plus or not, so putting it under ā€œEvent Recordingā€ doesnā€™t really make sense.

I really like the feature, and it works well. Itā€™s just the user interface thatā€™s confusing.

Turn off specific AI Notifications

Would be great to be able to turn off specific AI notifications for the cam-v3. Even more specific, would love to be able to turn off the CAR notification for the garage door controller. We expect to see a car in our garage :slight_smile: We need to leave AI notifications active to have the up/down notifications so turning off specific categories would make the controller SO much better.

On the GDC V3 Camera, go to Settings, Event Recording, Smart Detection, and turn off Vehicle Detection. You can also turn off any other AI you donā€™t want. Mine is only set to Person Detection. Then in the Notification area, leave AI Notification on.

Specific Notifications for AI has not been rolled out yet. There was a brief time when it was available, but then pulled back for a bit. I am sure it will be released soon. At least I am hoping.

The v2 Cameraā€™s beta Firmware currently shows this as an option. Here is a picture of the notification screen:

1 Like

This has been the standard notification option for the CamPan V1. Not sure if it was when I installed it long ago or if it came in an update, but it has been there for a long time now. Always wondered why it was there and not on my other cams. Doesnā€™t seem like it is a cam specific function.

1 Like

Yea, I saw it on other Cameras as a test bed in one of the Firmware updates. It was pulled out in the next Firmware updateā€¦ :slight_smile:

The V2 has it as well. I donā€™t have the v1 Pan Cam. the v2 does not have these options yet either though.

1 Like

Still waiting for this Feature. Any word on when it will be released?

I am also eagerly awaiting this to be extended to the V3 models. It is very useful on my other cams because I have so many cats everywhere, and I want my cams to detect and label events with my cats in them for when I need to sort and find a specific event, but I donā€™t want constant notifications about them.

Last I heard we are still waiting on a firmware update for the V3ā€™s to get this feature that other cams have already. I hope we can get an update on this soon though. It is one of my most desired features for the V3.

3 Likes

Anyone hear anything new on this topic?

1 Like

The last I heard from a Wyze Person was it was in Testing. But it has been months since it was released for V2 and Cam Pan. We are talking months? Whats up with thisā€¦ā€¦.Can it be that difficult to release a feature that is already available for other Cams. Not really sure whats going on with thisā€¦ā€¦Would LIKE to hear something from Wyze

1 Like

For the Love of God, if you are not going to, or are having a hard time, fixing AI Detection, at the very least let us choose which AI Detection Notification Types we get!

I am sure I am not the only one with this problem, and truthfully I am getting quite angry with the number of false AI detections I get notified of, especially package and vehicle detections that I get CONSTANTLY and ALMOST ALL DAY LONG!

Currently as far as app notifications we get we can choose to get only AI notifications but we canā€™t choose which AI notifications to receive notifications for.

For example, I would prefer to only get AI Person notifications which seem to have less (but not zero) false detections, especially when compared to the amount of false package and vehicle notifications I get which is sometimes (most of the time actually) in the two, three, even four dozen amount in a single day.

1 Like

Iā€™m with you on this @UltraVegas! How it can be offered on some cam types and not others is baffling.

As a workaround, I turned off all WyzeMessage notification tones in my Android OS and use Macrodroid to managed the notification announcements. Every cam has its own notification tone, every type of AI has its own notification tone. Any cam or AI notification coming in from Wyze I do not want bothering me gets no tone and is dismissed by MacroDroid immediately so I never knew it was there unless I pull my notification history.

1 Like

Looking into MacoDroid now but not really sure how to set it up like you talk about yet but looking into it.

What is that screenshot from? My Cam Plus cameras notifications for my v3 cams donā€™t show the breakdown like thatā€¦ they only show ā€œDetects Wyze AI Eventsā€ then ā€œDetects Any Other Motionā€ā€¦

1 Like

The screenshot is from the Pan V1 on CP. It was one of the testbed cams for this feature and has been for some time now. If I recall correctly, there were other cams tested tooā€¦but NOT the V3. My V3 are the same as yours.

I found MacroDroid quite intuitive and easy to set up the macros. Tons and tons of event triggers and actions. Essentially: Trigger=WyzeMessage notification received containing ā€œCamNameā€; Action=Play this sound. And then variations of the same for each cam and type of notification. All are based on the actual text language that Wyze uses in their notifications:

If you need some help w\ it. PM\DM me.

1 Like

Ahhh okayā€¦

I will play with it a little. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

The Beta App and V3 Firmware released today now offers the new notification options we have all been waiting for on the V3 Cameras with Cam Plus! App- 2.33.10 (14). V3 Firmware- 4.36.10.2163.

6 Likes

Awesome. I just updated but donā€™t see the changesā€¦ I am a part of the beta program alsoā€¦ I will check again tomorrowā€¦ Thanks!

1 Like