Cam pan not recording to sd card since last firmware update.

I think I tried everything. Formatted the card; reset the cam; removed power from the cam for over 10 minutes; formatted the card on the computer and in the camera.

The cam is set to record continuously. I also tried to set it to record only on events. No matter what I try, it won’t save any videos to the card.

This has only started since the last firmware update. It was working fine until then. I shouldn’t have updated. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix…

I am collecting some info on similar issues. Can you check something for me? When you format the card in camera, check the “SD card memory available” before and after formatting. Before formatting, do you have a low number (eg. 1.x GB) available out of 29.x GB? The camera may report “formatting complete” but afterwards, it still says 1.x GB available. If the formatting was really successful, it should show 29.x/29.x available (IOW, the card is empty).

If you are seeing the same low available space number after formatting, then I believe your card is damaged and will not be able to be formatted even on a computer. If you want, you can remove the card and try to format it using the tool here:

SD Assoiciation

SD Memory Card Formatter 5.0 for SD/SDHC/SDXC

The SD Memory Card Formatter formats SD Memory Card, SDHCMemory Card and SDXC Memory Card (respectively SD/SDHC/SDXC Cards) complying with the SD File System Specification created by the SD Association (SDA).

I think you will find it report errors and fail to format. In this state, you can copy off what’s still on the card, but cannot format the card or write new data to it.

Let me know if this is what you’re seeing. This is what I’m trying to track down.

Ive seen a few times with my pan it shows my memory card is only 10MB (not GB) and cannot format it. Just take it out and format it in a computer then put it back in.

Okay, thanks. This is not the situation I’m researching. In my case, the card is “bricked” and cannot be repaired or formatted on a computer.