Cam Pan is back to Daily Reboot(s) for no reason

Back when I first got my Pan Cam in Sept-'18, I had a problem with it right out of the box where it randomly rebooted at least once a day for no reason. Documented by me and others in the forums here:

Then after 2-3 months and a few firmware updates - one of the firmware updates came out (no idea which one) and it fixed that. It no longer rebooted by itself and I was a happy camper.

Now - just in the last update, this behavior has returned to my camera. Pretty much every time I pull it up it is not pointing where I want it, it is back to its default home location, so I know it rebooted again.

Anyone else had this start happening in the last few weeks? Can it be re-fixed in next update please?

Firmware is currently 4.10.3.60 and shows up to date.

Thanks!

Mine won’t stay Where I put it , It keeps going back to the home position.
Tracking is always off I don’t use it

HDRock -

I think that your issue might be more related to the “Scan” feature than “Motion Tracking”. I had that issue too until I figured it out. There was a thread that discussed the confusion on that here : Pan Cam not keeping position

I don’t think it has anything to do with the scan feature either , I don’t use that , Don’t use motion tracking The only thing I use is motion tagging, But thanks for the link because it was helpful .
What I did was , I Turned Detection zone off , Then I set the camera where I wanted , then Went back in and Turned detection zone on and set my zone now it is staying where I want it be .
That’s all I did I didn’t have to set any way points or anything like that .
Don’t know why I had to do that Because I never had a problem with it in the past

I am trying to get Wyze’s attention on this thread. Please submit a support request with logs, and post your ticket number in that thread.

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. Depending on the nature of the problem, rather than use the previous website link, it is helpful to submit an App Log and/or a Firmware Log.

Just started doing it on my pan cam. nothing has changed except massive firmware updates lately.

1 Like

I have two Wyze Cam Pans and both daily reboot. It’s not always the same time of day. Both devices are fully up to date with firmware.

It’s actually waking up my 2 year old daughter in whose room I use one of the cams

Chinese back door? …