Cam pan , Firmware , 4.10.3.40 Low audio volume

@amsnare13 I tried using the an old Android 4.4 tablet with the wyzecam pan and the audio issue is still there. Can barely hear anything when playing back from SD card.

I don’t have an issue with talking through the app with the wyzecam though. I think it’s mainly hearing audio through SD or event playback. If I manually record a video using the SD playback, and I crank the volume up then I can hear a little bit.

@cheaplikeafox @UserCustomerGwen @HDRock

Alright grab some popcorn, it’s testing time!

I tried it again tonight. Here’s the test/results:

Cameras:
1 Wyze Cam Pan
3 Wyze Cam V2’s
(1Extra New Wyze Cam Pan in box for random test)

Test #1
Galaxy S6 running Android 5.0 bone stock, Wyze only app installed.

• WiFi: Cox, Signal at 99%, Ping: 5ms, Jitter: 5ms, Upload: 325mbps, Download: 65mbps.
  • App start up good, All cameras connected and up to date.
  • Video/audio test for all cameras was good. 2-way audio sounded clear both listening and talking on all cameras.
    Exited the app restarted phone to run test again
  • App started fine, all cameras loaded, 2-way audio good.

To test again on the S6, I updated the Android which brought it up to 7.0 and I ran the test again.

Test #2
Galaxy S6 running Android 7.0 bone stock, Wyze only app installed.

• WiFi: Cox, Signal at 98%, Ping: 10ms, Jitter: 10ms, Upload: 319mbps, Download: 49mbps.
  • App started fine, all cameras connected.
  • Video/audio test for all cameras were good. 2-way audio was clear both listening and talking on all cameras.
    Exited the app restarted phone again to run test once more
  • App started fine, all cameras loaded, 2-way audio good.

At this point I was certain it was the Android update so I decided to complete the test and tried my S9+ once again.

Test #3
Galaxy S9+ running Android 9.0 running the One UI 1.0

• WiFi: Cox, Signal at 99%, Ping: 3ms, Jitter: 5ms, Upload: 330mbps, Download: 69mbps.
  • App start up good, All cameras connected
  • Video/audio test Audio was perfect on the 3 Wyze Cam V2’s. Wyze Cam Pan on the other hand was a complete bust… *Sound(live audio) was choppy listening and the microphone communication(2-way communication) was again, there but basically non-existent.
  • Consistency wasn’t there either when listening. It would work then go choppy, I turned on the live microphone and attempted to talk and there was only a faint whispering coming from the camera. I even yelled, “Testing microphone, can you hear me, can I hear myself, hello, hello, hello!!” nothing but a faint whisper came out of the camera.

Set up the new Wyze Cam Pan to see if it was just the camera, had no change.

I kept the new camera working and picked up the older S6 running Android 7.0 to give that one last huray and it worked for approximately 5 secs and the App froze and crashed. I restarted the app and tried the Pan camera first. Listening audio was there (crisp and clear). I switched to the 2-way audio and tried talking and BOOM… The devil has found his way in…

New camera had no different of an outcome. The problem somehow migrated over to the S6… I’m at a loss now.

Pulled hair out, threw older phone, wishing I knew more about software… :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen the support team asked me if my problem was resolved yesterday. I told them that there was no firmware update so the problem is still there. They told me I had to send in another log file since I was using the old wyzecam app last time. I guess they are still working on a fix?

2 Likes

I hope this gets resolved soon. It was the 2 way audio that deterred some thieves from taking things from my yard one night.

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen I wonder if there’s a way to revert back to the old firmware temporarily until they have a fix?

2 Likes

@corinnamr and @cheaplikeafox, please check out this thread.

3 Likes

I just received notification of another upgrade; 4.10.3.46. is this going to fix 2 way speaker issue?
Well, I decided to upgrade. When I get home from work I will test out 2 way speakers. :pray::crossed_fingers:

Unfortunately this new update didn’t fix cams speaker issue. I have tried all past updates and those didn’t work either.

Hmm…I haven’t received the 4.10.3.46 firmware upgrade… What does it fix?

From what I can tell, it fixed nothing. The speakers on all my cameras are still super low. The only way to make them work is with Wyze non beta app.

On my Samsung S7 I use for testing , I Updated my cam pan , to the beta firmware 4.10.3.46 And the beta app version to 2.2.30 , With this ,The audio on the cam pan is working properly now.

On my Samsung S 9 plus That I have not Updated to beta ,That has Version 2.1 .31 app on it , the Sound is not functioning properly
I don’t know if there’s any difference but my S 7 has Android version 8 On it , and my S 9 has Android version 9 on it

1 Like

I am using Samsung s10 plus, none of the past updates make speakers work for me. I am also using a no name tablet with the 4.10.3.46 update and that seems to work just fine in regards to the way speakers.

We haven’t sent out the firmware fix for this yet. Sorry, folks! Still working on it.

@cheaplikeafox, sounds like you received the automated email from pending status. We’re still working on this fix. :slight_smile:

Thanks. I’ll revert temporarily to the old firmware then.

1 Like

I will patiently wait for update to fix the speaker issue. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Actually it was an email from the support person and it was not automated. Sorry, the way I said it earlier makes it seem like an automated response. He actually asked me if “I was still experiencing low audio with the wyze app” which I thought was odd since there were no updates yet.

He told me to turn on Hardware Decoder in the wyze app. I tried to open the app settings on my phone but the app kept crashing when I clicked on app settings. I’ll try to test it on another phone to see if that fixes anything though.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification! Please let me know the results from that test. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried out turning on and off hardware decoder on my other device. That doesn’t make any difference for me. Reverting to the old firmware fixed the issue though.

2 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate the information. :slight_smile:

Glad you found a workaround in the meantime. We’ll get that sorted out as soon as we can and apologize for the delay.

1 Like

Update , bad news .
I backed out of beta , Installed 2.2.38 App on my Samsung S 9, Android pie , with firmware 4.10.3.46 , pan cam audio is not working properly with that setup .

On my Samsung S7 , Android Oreo with the beta firmware 4.10.3.46 And the beta app version to 2.2.30 , The audio on the cam pan is still working properly