I just spent an hour on my second support chat trying to figure this out. In the end the camera would connect to my Wyze app through mobile hotspot, but that isn’t sustainable. I have yet to be able to connect my camera through my home Wifi.
When I do try, the camera continually flashes the blue light, and my app says “Connection Failed.” What’s strange is that when I check my router it shows the camera MAC address as a “Wireless Client,” however the setup doesn’t complete. Things I have tried (unsuccessfully):
- reset the wifi
- reset the camera multiple times
- uninstalled and reinstalled the app
- using 2.4G internet (I’m aware it’s the requiremnet)
- turned on and off MAC filtering (I added the cam’s MAC address to the allowed list)
- watched the wyze video for troubleshooting
- waited over an hour for the blue light to turn solid without luck
- confirmed that there are no spaces before and after my SSID or password
- force stopped the app on my phone
- used the Route This app while on the support chat on the Wyze website. This is the feedback I received: “There are still lapses from your network evaluation. Although it’s not that a major thing. Can you try setting the camera using your phones hotspot?”
I am so so frustrated. Help please!!!