Cam outdoor

Thanks. That is the answer I was looking for, but not the answer I wanted, lol. I understand that we have to pay for anything beyond basic cloud service, but I don’t need any cloud service. Why won’t those options be available at no cost for local operation?

I think it just comes with the Cam plus, but I’m not positive so don’t quote me on that

You would probably have to ask wyze’s financial manager about that :slightly_smiling_face:

Very Very disappointed with the CAM OUTDOORS. i though by buying 32GB micro SD cards for both base and camera that I would be able to view at least some past footage but this can only record 12 sec and by the time it records the subject is already out of range.
Can this 12 secat least be extended to 40 sec or is there plans for an upgrade for it to record on the SD card.

I do not mid charging the camera every coupe of days as long as I am able to get some sort of recorded footage i can go back to…

This is basically a glorified live cam only and NOT what I expected from WYZE

i WAS EXPECTING THIS TO BE SIMILIAR TO THE 2 CAM PAN CAMERAS I HAVE CURRENTLY WHEREIN I CAN GET RECORDED FOOTAGE…

VERY DISSAPPOINTED!

I think something is wrong with your camera. Mine captures anyone or anything walking by and they are in the video from the beginning until it end. And about charging, my first charge lasted over two months. Also, you can purchase that optional “Plus” recording and that will take care of your longer than 12 second recordings.
Send it back and get a new one.

Hello, you sure you are talking about the CAM OUTDOOR? What I have read is that the CAM OUTDOOR can only record max 12 sec videos and once it captures the motion most of the time it is too late to view anything. The CAM OUTDOOR is functioning fine. he issue I have is that it does not record more than 12sec…

The 2 micro SD cards I have on the base and camera only stores the 12 sec video and nothing more.

I doubt some folks know how to manage the app. I sure as he’ll didn’t the first few months. After 6-8 queries to Wyze, I got straightened out. My outdoor will not start recording until 3-4 seconds after seeing movement. Then 12 seconds of video. 12 seconds is fine but the lag on first detection makes it pretty worthless. Someone comes to my door, leaves a package, I get his/her back. No biggie unless they’re vandals or casing the joint. I’ve given up getting any answers

As far as getting more than 12 seconds, you need to purchase the Cam Plus for that camera. I think I paid like 10 bucks for a year, but they may have jumped the rates since then. (Just checked it’s $1.25 a month if you pay for the year.)

From the Wyze website.
Unlimited full-length video recording
Wyze Cams already record 12 seconds of motion every 5 minutes for free. CAM Plus records unlimited motion whenever it’s detected so you capture the full story.

Easy fix for 15 bucks a year.

I have complete motion capture & get full videos & also My battery last for Months I have only had to charge it twice since I got it including when I received it. I’m averaging 5 months on the battery I also get all My videos some only 7 seconds but on average about 40 seconds.

Thats typical if You dont purchase Complete Motion Capture

Even V2 only has 12 seconds without it

1 Like

Thanks Cooperavery…exactly my point. Makes the OUTDOOR CAM useless for me too…unless they have an update that eliminates the 3-4sec lag then maybe it is worth something.

I do not believe CAM OUTDOORS works with Cam Plus. Do you have the CAM OUTDOORS?

Do you have the CAM OUTDOOR? I am very confused on what capabilities this CAM OITDOOR has as most forums I have read indicate that you only have 12sec videos that are stored in the base SD card. The CAM OUTDOOR is not capable of recording more than 12 sec videos…

pls clarify …

I am a camPlus and I only get 12 seconds. I actually feel this was a bad purchase.

There is a fundamental difference in the OUTDOORS (WCO) vs the V2 or 3.

The WCO relies on a built-in infrared sensor to wake up the camera and the wireless transmission; it is not capturing video all the time. This is to conserve battery. There is significant lag between the infrared detection and video capture.

The V2 and 3 do not use a separate IR sensor. The cameras are awake and buffering video all of the time. When they detect pixel changes in the image, they then send the video clip (12-second without the complete motion capture; or complete motion sequences with…) up to the cloud storage.

I started with V2s and then the WCOs early on in their respective product-releases and became very frustrated with the operations and delay in notification. i have experimented with the complete motion capture on the V2s, but recall seeing that it is/will be available for the
WCO. As best I can see, that will expand the 12-seconds out to complete motion…but cannot overcome the lag of the IR detector to detect and then wake-up the camera.

I too always only see the rear half of a car going off-frame when someone comes in my driveway.

I no longer think of this system for security, it is now more as a science experiment.

I have 2 of the V3s but have not seen yet the differences…other than weatherproof (which is why I got the WCOs in the first place).

Good luck.

I have a cam plus subscription tied to one of my WYZE cam outdoor cameras. It overlooks my driveway and works wonderfully. With cam plus tied to an outdoor cam you can record up to 5 minute clips every time motion triggers the cam.

…time to invest in Ring

We all were surprised by the limits of the WCO. V3 is solid though, although I wish it supported a bridge connection

Yup, I have had the same luck with mine… Waiting for 3rd party developer to step up… May be something on ‘GitHub’… Worth the time to look