Cam outdoor

Are you sure that isn’t an angry bird BBQ? Looks awfully hot! :hot_face:

Correct You can buy a Diode for cars that only allows power to flow one way so when not charging it cant flow backwards

8 weeks for Me no problems & 77% battery left Not 1 problem I did change the color of the Hat to Brown though

1 Like

Just viewing this conversation I gather you are trying to keep a energy storage device from losing it’s charge once charging is complete… Sorta like taking one cable off your battery to prevent it draining right??

exactly

Is that like taking the cable off the television set to keep my mind from draining. . .

1 Like

Actually it should have a disconnect circuit built in that is triggered by a 100% charged state…

Ya right like tom thumb and the dike right? :wink::grinning:

1 Like

Not quite power is only allowed to travel one way so if in this case at night the power can not flow back toward the solar panel. so it dont turn it off when charged just wont allow power to travel backwards.

Maybe so, but leakage is a natural phenomenon That occurs in storage devices… Nothing holds a charge forever, the most one can hope for is to break the circuit and thus prevent any parasite battery drain.

Have to be more concerned with overcharge then drain.

OK whatever dude I was just providing a option for draining the battery. I wont say anything any more

Please, don’t be offended or upset this forum is a platform for the exchange of differing opinions, you expressed yours and I did mine… nothing personal

4 Likes

In my opinion, you seem like a real Family Guy.

2 Likes

Say what you mean, Mean what you say…

Say what you mean, Mean what you say…

There is a Item made for Wyze products that fix that however I wont state the name of it or How it works on this forum since so many people want to Voice disbelief of what is available.

Outdoor cam hasn’t been able to connect to the base station, constantly tells me outdoor setup failed… have power cycled it, reset the base…

Picks up movement outside, and notifies me, but that is it… can’t change detection range or anything else.

I’m done playing with this piece of junk.

Shut down the cam, unplug & reset the base. Delete the app and re-install:

IF all that fails open a Support Ticket.

I’m rather disappointed in the WyzeCam Outdoor.

If I set any detection settings at all, the battery only lasts a few days and it’s hit-or-miss at best at detecting motion at my door, even with high detection settings.

It loses it’s connection quite easily, despite only being about 30 feet from its base station. All in all, I just can’t recommend the outdoor cams to others.

I have 5 indoor cameras and they all work great. This one seems to be a bust. (Hopefully some new firmware will make it more reliable!)