Cam outdoor

Why would you want a Picasso painting? Monet is better :wink:

Yes, If you have a 4 wire phone line, put a RJ-45 on each end and it will pass ethernet. Its called Cat3 and good for 10 Mbp/s up to 300 feet.

2020-0827_Ethernet Cable on 4-Wire

1 Like

You have to use the Base Station to charge it that’s why its on it.

Yes You have to

which end goes in the Ethernet & which end plugs in the phone line

Actually you do not have to charge it with the base station as WyzeDongsheng says in another thread

Charge it to full with supplied cable and base station. If you want to use your own charger, make sure both the adapter and cable is able to supply power greater than 5V/2A.

Continuing failure

I pulled my Jeep to this point twice to pick up my trailer.

“Cool down” period set to 1 min

This is the results of it recording an event

At least it’s reliable… consistent …consistently bad

Not an old man walking … two dogs … a deer …
It was 2,000 Lbs of Jeep.

Maybe I failed to turn off the cloaking device!

1 Like

If you put your finger on the event page and swipe down does the refresh cause any events to show up?

Yea, I wasn’t buying that any way. For some reason it appears my camera thinks 45% or so is fully charged as that is as far as the system goes. It is still in place and after a day went to about 44%

This is deffinetly not normal. Mine kept flashing the red light for 3 days and never went solid red to show its done charging, but was fine.

In your case, I would recommend contacting support for an RMA.

Since the internal battery is made up of two cells I wonder if maybe one of the cells is defective causing the camera to only reach ~50% charge :thinking:

1 Like

also, were you live stream when doing this ?

That was a reply to @rsart4u who wondered if ethernet could be run through phone line. If you have an unbroken twisted pair phone line (Cat3) running between two points then it can be repurpose to run 10-BaseT Ethernet (10Mbit/s). Its possible but maybe not practical for everyone.

By putting a plug on both ends (or jack/plug) of the phone line it becomes an ethernet cable. I’ve done this coule times for people who live in a 2 story condo and can’t drill holes, etc. Many of these had a continuous 12 pair cable running to jacks through each room. Simply pull out 2 unused pairs and terminate on RJ-45 jacks.

When Ethernet first came out we wired many offices like this because the wiring was already there and were terminated in a central wiring closet where the hub would be located.

In most homes the phone lines (IW or inside wiring) run to a central point (MPOE) where you could either put a hub or relocate that end of the line to where your ethernet hub is already located.

Before that there was CheaperNet (10Base2) which utilized 50 ohm coaxial cable w/BNC connectors. Stations were tapped off the line with T connectors. It worked alright but a problem at any one station could bring down the network. It was practical at the time cuz there was a lot of coaxial lines already in place for the IBM3270 dumb terminals already there.

Don’t know if I answered your question or just rambling on here. .

I was just on the phone with tech support as I could not get notifications. I deleted the camera and reinstalled it and got notifications again

I agree. I thought we could record to SD drive the same way and you have to scheduled a time that day to catch the robber. Returning it. Rather put the old camera back in the window and get the window glare. At least I can get notifications of who is coming to my house and record it.

Discontentment here. I bought 3 and the thought of having to recharge them after getting them all settled positioned high up out of reach every 3mons or less. Only if I knew before ordering. Like a typical fanboy, I ordered without even reading what little detail there was including being duped by the “special gift” which I never got. And then finding out its a frickin plastic hat…was it an inside joke I didn’t get??! because that feels insulting, actually glad I never got it.

I never ever felt so deceived by any product. Even the ones that have disappointed me. this is simply the worst of them all.

I do like the picture it produces, but getting more/better results with a V2 I already had outside since last year no problem. Not to mention, streaming and being able to continuously capture onto SDcard. Same distance and outside, even with no repeater, I can connect mostly ok. The other day I captured someone snooping but only on the V2 I placed outside captured it on the sdcard triggered by motion while the outdoor caught absolutely nothing.

ugh the thought to trying to find use of the other 2 makes me cringe when I know I’ll have to go retrieve, charge then put back in the right angle and placement. I’m so disappointed.

The current WOC has been up 2wks and already at 80% when I hardly ever login nor does it capture all but 1 or 2 non-event triggers.

never been so disappointed. Nor I have ever vented so much if any about any product…

1 Like

I wish

Nope. I was driving the Jeep

That hasn’t worked for me

They screwed up royally and know it. The outdoor cam was a huge failure for me. Serious lagging/disconnecting/ motion detection issues make it basically useless - and that’s not an exaggeration. I’m still a fan of the original indoor cam (love it) but the outdoor cam needs a lot of work.