Cam failures

I was just wondering if anyone has been seeing this lately. Started about 3 weeks ago. I have 7 cams and 3 pan cams. In the past several weeks I go to check a camera that’s been quiet and low and behold I can’t connect. Only way to get it back online is via power plug and replug. This hasn’t happened once on the PanCam so I think this must be software related.

I have one cam that I need to power cycle before it will let me download time-lapse recordings. Earlier this week, it wouldn’t respond to restart commands or turn off, so I had to power cycle it. That’s the closest I’ve seen to what you’re describing.

Anyone else?

Before trying to physically power cycle the camera, always try the Restart function in the app (gear icon > Restart Device). This works over a different communication channel than the live stream, so may work even though the live stream won’t connect.

Here’s the connectivity troubleshooting guide:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012903431-Connectivity-issues

If that doesn’t solve it, keep in mind that this is primarily a user-to-user forum. If you don’t get help here from the community, file a support ticket, preferably from within the app while the bad camera is selected. That will ensure that the logs are captured. You might want to submit the ticket right away because there’s somewhat of a backlog. You can always let them know it’s already resolved when they contact you.

Good point. Not sure about @chris.showers, but in my case I could view live stream, but couldn’t download my time-lapse. Restart device and turn off failed. Is it possible those three are on the same communications channel?