Cam Comparison

Just wondering whether there was a page on the Wyze site that has a simple, side-by-side comparison of the different cams. I can figure out the simple stuff, sure, but it would be easier to see it all on one page laid out side-by-side. Thanks all!

Hi @garyZ, welcome to the Wyze community! As far as I know, Wyze does not have a side by side comparison. I would recommend opening two tabs both with wyze.com open to two different cameras and do a side by side like that. I did find a website that I will link below that has a side by side comparison of Wyze cams but I am not sure if it will help, It might be worth looking at though. I hope you find the right camera!

https://www.safety.com/surveillance-systems/wyze/

2 Likes

Definitely look at the comparison on the V2 and Pan linked by @Illumination!
Here’s a little bit about the V2 VS the V3

2 Likes

Generally speaking:

V3 – Best all-around camera, indoors & out (fixed position, but wide field of view).
Pan – For a camera that can pan.
Wyze Cam Outdoor – for battery-powered applications where you don’t need live streaming, only an occasional alert.
Video doorbell – if that application interests you.

V2 – obsolete with the introduction of the new V3 design.

3 Likes

I’d say it’s still a solid choice if you need an indoor camera for an environment with good lighting.

2 Likes

I’d rather have a V3 with faster frame rate, wider field of vision, that can basically see in the dark without night vision, has better night vision also, plus siren and simultaneous 2-way talk. And which I can move outdoors if I like. All for the same price. :wink:

Oh, and the audio sync is much better. :+1:

4 Likes

Wow, you folks are AWESOME. Thanks for the answers and discussion. I only heard about WYZE today, and I’m just blown away by it. Itching to get one (or two) for Christmas. Looks solid and priced for humans. Appreciate all the responses.
– garyZ

3 Likes

Definitely true! I’m not buying anymore V2s. Just saying that you shouldn’t throw out all your V2s(obviously).

2 Likes

Yes, definitely don’t throw any V2’s away! I will still use them around the house when I go on travel, or any time I need a quick camera here or there or with a battery bank.

2 Likes

And of course, RTSP if your into that kind of thing (I’m not).
Hopefully the v3s will get it soon.

2 Likes

And let’s not forget that some old timers are enjoying “legacy” person detection that will probably not extend to V3s.

To @garyZ, as @Newshound explained there are effectively only two cameras, the Pan Cam and the V3 (not yet shipping). One can swivel on command. The other is outdoor rated with better night vision.

The slightly older Wyze Cam Outdoor is battery operated and not as useful for most people. The V2 is a very slightly worse version of the V3.

2 Likes

Good point on the legacy person detection. I do not believe that will work on the V3. For that you would need a Cam Plus license.

2 Likes

Ah, that helps too. The person detection might be useful, but for now I won’t use in a “noisy” enough place that simple motion detection isn’t enough. Thanks!

1 Like

You would also already need to have legacy person detection on your account, as that is closed now.

Yes, sorry if I misled Gary. It was a point about a V2’s value but does not apply to a new user.

No problem! I’m learning a lot here.

2 Likes