Bulbs Issue

Hi Community,
I am very much a novice compared to many posters on here, so just calling that out ahead of time. Here’s my problem; I have two wyze bulbs set on the same switch. When I first got them and set it up, no issue, hooray! I love them and the are just what I wanted. I went away and the person staying at our house turned off the light switch not realizing I was controlling from afar. Since- I have been unable to have both work. I removed the products because they weren’t working at all. Now when I go to add them back on, I can only get one to work and the other is forgotten. What am I doing wrong?

Try the troubleshooting guide in the link and then if you can’t get them working , come back.
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/sections/360005957692-Wyze-Bulb-Troubleshooting

2 Likes

Sounds like they are a long way from your router or in metal enclosures

1 Like

I would try to take the non working bulb, and set it up in a different fixture. If that works, then you could put it back in the fixture you want it in.

1 Like

Yeah try the suggestions from Rock,chan, and kevin. I have two bulbs outside on the front porch that I turn off every morning with the light switch, still waiting when we can schedule the shortcuts. They are about 35 ft from the router going through a solid wood and metal door. They take about 15 seconds when I turn the power back on at night to connect, then I just turn them off with the app and let the motion detector do it’s job.

Thanks for everyone’s help. I removed the devices and added the products again and voila! success! Not sure what was wrong the first time, or what i did differently the second time… except that I’m sure it was user error :blush:

2 Likes

I have been switching over from Hue lights to Wyze, and there were quite a few hiccups along the way. But they are all working out now. Just need to be patient, and keep at it.