Bulbs Go Offline After Power Failure

I am experiencing the same thing, and others are posting about similar problems on Twitter. It’s most likely an issue in the Wyze cloud.

1 Like

Replaced wyze bulb with regular bulb and that won’t work at all. Maybe the wyze bulb fried something in my wiring?

At this time there appears to be a problem in the Wyze cloud that is impacting multiple users (including me). I recommend waiting to see what happens once they have resolved the issue.

3 Likes

Also experiencing an issue with lights not properly responding to manually turning on or off in the app or my motion shortcuts. What’s going on?

Something is going on for sure. I had to turn off my power today to install some smart switches. After I restored the power the bulbs wents nuts. The bulbs turned on like usual after turning the power back on. I tried to turn them off from the app no go. The Wyze app isn’t responding to the bulbs at all. I have one bulb completely out of the lamp and it shows on in the app. How crazy is that? :rofl:

I have noticed a sudden influx of issues in the past little bit, mine are still working fine but there are many who cant seem to control them and multiple threads being formed about it.

I got most of the bulbs working again by unplugging them plugging the back up. The biggest issue is the Wyze app not respnding. Two other bulbs were showing on and they were actually off. All my cameras and sensors came back on and working fine otherwise.

Well , you can add me to the list my bulbs are all wacked out I got 2 out of 9 of them to work properly .
There was no power outage there was no Internet interruption or anything they , just stopped working properly.
They are not working with Alexa either
This is obviously widespread and not a problem on our end

Seems to be working again. Able to turn off and on through app. Shortcuts working again.

Ok, today two lights were unresponsive. Tried resetting them, nothing. Tried setting up two new bulbs, nothing. Is there something wrong on your end? I already logged a ticket (Wyze Ticket 299706).

I’m glad to know that it’s not just my app acting crazy. I will wait and see what’s going on before I keep working on my end.

I was looking for something I told Alexa to turn a group of lights on and they didn’t work so I started checking and the rest of them are screwed up too

All my bulbs and the Wyze app just started working again out of the clear blue. :clap:

1 Like

Maybe due to this

They probably got them temporarily working

4 Likes

That’s good, I’m still getting , operation failed

2 Likes

Ok. So must have been a glitch in the wyze app? I reconnected my bulbs this morning and everything is back to normal.

1 Like

Still unresponsive on the previous two bulbs and lost control on an additional bulb late last night… Tried switching off and on, nothing…

We apologize for the Wyze Bulb trouble from yesterday. We’re seeing the connection rates getting close to normal now. Is everyone able to connect again since last they posted?

I am still having trouble with both status & control of my bulbs. I reloaded my app to be sure it was fresh.