Bulb with light switch

My apologies if this has already been discussed, but I didn’t see a relevant topic under Wyze Bulbs.

Is there a way to use the “turn on” event with a Wizen bulb and a light switch? My goal is to put a Wizen bulb into a ceiling lamp hooked up to a light switch. I want it to turn on other Wyze bulbs when I turn it on so I can light up my whole living room just by throwing one switch. I can’t seem to get that to work. Is there some way I can do this? Should I be asking for this under wishlist, or is there a way now to do this?

At first I thought the answer was no, but it seems your interesting idea might be achievable through either the “turn on” or “has been on” trigger. I haven’t tested this.

1 Like

Interesting idea. You can set another device to come on 1 second after a tested device, like the bulb you just activated. Only thing I can think of is that you may not have tried is waiting longer. When I turn on a bulb, and then tell it to turn off ASAP, I have to wait 15 seconds while it initially connects the the Wyze network. So put a little more delay it isn’t working?

2 Likes

That makes sense. It’s really suboptimal using smart bulbs on a true switch and this is one reason why. I have two and try to leave the switch on all the time.

If you can I’d suggest a smart wall switch. (Unfortunately Wyze does not make one.)

I tried a longer delay - no luck. I think it needs to be turned on in some electronic way, like through the app or an event, not just turning on with the power. I was hoping there was some event available like, “when the power comes back on.” Oh well.