Bulb API or protocol details?

Now that we have the bulbs in hand and can control them using Alexa, Google, and IFTTT, is there any chance that you’ll be releasing enough details on how to communicate directly with the bulbs so we can integrate support into control systems such as Home Assistant?

Thanks.

5 Likes

Agreed, some sort of open API would greatly increase the value and usefulness of these bulbs. Ideally, I’d like to see Wyze open up the APIs for Sense as well.

Allowing for API access would encourage third party developers to build new features and integrations with very little additional work on the part of Wyze. It’s a win-win for everyone!

2 Likes

Open API’s would make it a lot easier to integrate with my current system also, I have it working but it is quite the workaround

1 Like

I’m going to throw my hat in this ring.
I had Hue lights at my old place and the API was great. I used an esp8266 and a touch screen to make a media control panel. I could adjust the lights and power up/power down the projector with a touch screen.
I made a single soft screen button for “movie mode” where it would power up the projector and slowly dim the house lights then hold them there. It would be nice to do the same thing with the wyze bulbs.

2 Likes

@ken.davidson There are a few related wishlist threads. Be sure to click Vote at the top if you support the idea(s). The second link includes a post by someone who has developed an unofficial API.

2 Likes

I wish Google would make the Nest Hub more touch friendly like how you’ve described.

I love what all of you at Wyze are doing with the smart home product market in terms of making things more affordable!
By making the API available, you will be attracting more developers who are already more than willing to help make your products more powerful. Although, devs are clearly not the focus group for your product, the work they do will make the product more powerful and increase the appeal of your product with a much larger group of people.

1 Like