Bring Back Wyze Cam Black

Will we have a Black version again for the holiday season??? Please say YES!!!

@richgo read Wyze Bytes Ep. 9 (link above). There is a clue :mag: there.

Any chance we will see the black Wyzecam back again for Halloween??? Pretty Please.

1 Like

Hi bobFLL
For a good looking black camera search on the forum, ‘Easy Black or any other color V2’.
Victor Maletic

Any update on this? We have a couple Wyze cams already, and are looking to get at least one more for the house, and two for a camper van build. Black would be just the ticket! Crossing my fingers for a Halloween or Black Friday offering, if not sooner. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I really don’t get why this is such a challenge for Wyze! I would think a flat black stealth approach would be a no brainer!!

Amazing how the obvious gets by some companies.

They are listening, they did a limited edition last year and obviously it was loved. It seems to be in-development, but you have to remember they dont produce the hardware themselves so I am guessing there is a lot more involved than it seems.

3 Likes

Ok
Let’s hope they bring it back.

I am hoping for it, there are a few places black would fit in better.

2 Likes

39 days till black friday cams!

1 Like

It is difficult for us to maintain both colors of cameras with our business model. We aren’t ignoring people’s interest! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the follow-up, Gwendolyn. I’m not sure about everyone else, but I think that black would be a better offering if you can only carry one model. I switched to Wyze from Nest, which were black/dark.

Is there any word on the feasibility of a special-run offering of black ones for Black Friday this year?

1 Like

The special is something we’re working on. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Black cams would melt in my window in South Florida. They would also stand out against my light curtains. Please keep white as an option.

1 Like

Same situation here, I have places I want a black cam, so if they come back I will be getting a few, but I am using some V2 outside and my siding is whitish. Black would stand out to harshly. Need to keep white as an option.

1 Like

Thank you for the update.
I have black vinyl wrapped 11 of our V2s and Pan(s) mounted on under the eaves of our home hiding in the shadows. Our family has chosen for privacy reasons not in use the Wyze cameras in the interior of our house, where the white color would be better and but use Wyze sense devices.

Camera housing color is not a factor for me in the purchasing decisions. Its more for convenience, with a supply of black car vinyl wrap and scissor, I can transform a single camera in just a few minutes before install. For us, its all about product quality and the simple to use iOS app for our multi-generational home on the iPads and iPhones to watch over our 86 year old Grandmother when we are not home.

We have not had any product failure issues but just successful Wyze experiences.

3 Likes

You’re welcome! Thank you for your feedback. We’re happy that you’ve been enjoying your Wyze experiences. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s a $7 product on Amazon that seems to fulfill this need for the Wyze Cam Pan:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TMDP38L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just ordered the two-pack.

I just received this; it fits snuggly, and the matte black color has corrected the “reflection issues” I previously noted. Also, it camouflages much better, because there is no longer a big black circle on a white body.

Thank you for the suggestion! I installed the Wyze Pan upside down which makes the hood-lip a place for bugs and dirt to build fast.

1 Like