Bring Back Wyze Cam Black

maybe-later

there is a guy on these forums that does a great job with the vinyls…i bought a few from him and I love them.

Even if white is considered cooler these days, black blends more easily in a non nerd setting and is easier to conceal.

1 Like

Most of our V2s are looking out windows and the white body makes a noticeable reflection in the recorded video at certain times of the day. So I used a large Sharpie Pro to color just the fronts black.

No more annoying “whitewash” reflections in the glass and @fabulous is correct - they blend in so much better because they don’t look at all like cameras any more. With no distinctive round black lens showing up on a white background, they are just nondescript black squares in the windows. Even against white window treatments, they do not scream “SECURITY CAMERA HERE!” any more.

I left the rest of the camera stock white/gray to possibly reflect heat better.

Anyhow, my $0.02 worth is that it’s a lot easier to change the color of a white plastic camera with almost any color magic marker than it is to change the color of a black plastic one. And it takes all of two or three minute to do, even for someone as un-artistic as myself. The only trick is to let the permanent ink dry before carelessly handling the camera. :expressionless:

So I think the current white cameras offer more flexibility in concealment and blending in - when that is desired.

2 Likes

My vote is definitely to bring back Wyze Cam Black!

Shoot, I’d definitely buy more cams in black!!

I vote YES

Definitely should bring it back!

The only reason I am not adding more cameras to my already healthy stock of them is due to the lack of the black cameras…

I love you guys !!! One of the best community forums on the net.

1 Like

Hi,
I transformed all of my seven Wyze Cams to black using automotive vinyl film from Amazon - its super easy. The round bottom sensor under the camera lens is the same size a paper hole punch, then I just exacto knife the larger lens area, blow it with a hair dryer it to seal the deal and done. Black Wyze Cam.

Black Matte Car Wrap Vinyl Roll with Air Release 3MIL-VViViD8

1 Like

Aww… Thank you! That totally made my day! :heart: