Bring Back Wyze Cam Black

the closest you are going to get right now is a vinyl wrap you can put on the cam. I have done this to several of my cameras and I’m happy with the results. msg me if you would more information on this method. :slight_smile:

I voted yes… sorry all the DYI solutions are crappy looking, the Wyze Black looked professional

I must agree the color variety would likely boost the sales of product, not only for camera. Yes, extra production cost is another issue. How about Wyze come up with some livery kit to quench our thirst for now? If yes, please also make some digital camo, I will dress up all my V2 and Pan. :sunglasses:

BTW, I did grab a couple of black V2 the day it released. It’s exclusive privilege for my man-cave. And I did feel special. :smirk:

Matte finish for any color or shade might be more discreet plus lower reflection if placed looking out a window. Function over “looks”. Was the limited edition black cam glossy or flat finish? If non-glossy it has my vote.

Maybe an option for the outdoor version of the Wyze Cam? The only color/shade would be a matte grey to black to maintain production cost. Guessing sales would come close to the v1 &2 model.

Always wondered why there wasnt a black option and now I find out there was a special edition… OMG, bring it back!

There is obviously a big market for the black version. While I understand that you are a small company, it is also true that small companies grow when people buy more of their products.

Also, instead of charging more for the black version why not just limit the amount ordered per household? That way you won’t have to worry about making large quantities.

1 Like

I agree, but in case they don’t bring it back, these black covers work well…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GCYF2T8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Look forward to Black version, but i had to improvise to reduce window glare for mine, and i used some $8 Con-tact paper, it is the Black chalkboard version, so it is dull and eliminated all the reflection for the ones i have. takes a little bit to trim real nice, but works well for $8 and 6 cameras with more left to use.

Here was my solution for $6. The paint should peel off if you ever need to return the camera:

1 Like

Please bring back the black Wyze cam!

So I bought two white cams and shortly thereafter Wyze came out with the black devices. I inquired about swapping them at that time, and the response I received was cumbersome at best. So I kept the white cams much to my chagrin.

So I waited…

And I’m still waiting. Where are the black cams??

Bring it back!

1 Like

Please do bring back, apart from cool looking, they “hide” better at night or in dark places

I would gladly pay a premium for the black version.

The black ones hide so easily in windows, especially when viewing outside.

I bought them largely because the all black units don’t stand out as an obvious camera when placed on shelves but they actually hide away in some many places the white can’t.

Personally I think we should have both. That said if I had one choice I would rather how black owning both myself. Looking at other makers black seems to also be more common over white.

Please bring back the black wyze cam! I want to buy more but don’t want white!

Why would it be extra cost? Is the color black more to make vs white?

Are they safe to paint if you need to hide is with other black things?

I asked them about painting them or looks like someone is doing black Vinyl.

Vinyl is a great idea because you can put other colors to match things around it.

There is extra cost for black versus white and it also adjusts our manufacturing process (which adds extra cost). Some people have tried painting their Wyze Cams so you may want to ask about this in the #ask-the-community area. :slight_smile: