Bring Back Wyze Cam Black

maybe-later

Everyone wants black! Bring it back! Why not offer black and drop white.?

The cost of manufacturing different colors would bring up the unit price for the units.

Spray paint work lol

We’re looking into this! Though there’s a lot of considerations (such as extra costs) that factor in here. We may try a trial run before deciding if we want to make this an ongoing product offering. For people that want their Wyze Cams to stick out less (and don’t have completely white walls/furnishings) this could blend in to the environment more easily and potentially be less obtrusive. Plus, some people just like the aesthetic of black products better.

Best,

WyzeGwendolyn

Black Cam For Black Friday

I would purchase a black version, as long as the entire camera is black including the base. (i.e. No white ring around the lens, etc.).

Unsure about the color of the cable, though… my initial thought was ‘of course the cable would need to be black, too’. But when I glance over at the cam sitting above my front door, I see the white cable running across the wall and think ‘uhg, a black cable would really look bad there’.

For those who are so inclined, spray painting the cameras are easy. I have 4 V2’s painted a satin black, including a portion of the power cords.

I set the camera’s backside down on 1.5" ± tall pedestals made of cut, folded and taped cardboard.
The masks for the lens and sound openings were 1.25" diameter fender washers with the holes covered with pieces of tape. The washers were centered in the main black disk with just a fringe of black showing around the edge of the masking washers. The small black disc below the lens can be painted over as it is only cosmetic.

The cameras were painted in the collapsed state. Later tilting of the cameras was accomplished with beveled styrofoam painted black. The masking washers stayed in place by there own weight.

They came out very nice.

P.S. The styrofoam angling wedges were later replaced with folded sheet metal wire protection plates, painted black. Because they are steel the cameras magnetic base adheres to them very well.

I purchased 2 black cams the minute I heard about them. Ill let you know what I think when I get them…

How did the black WyzeCam offering go? From what I’ve read, it was popular.

What is holding you back from offering both of your cameras in black, at maybe a $5 price increase?

Black will remove window glare/reflection on the video images bringing increased clarity night and day depending on the angle of the camera facing the window.

Maybe you should collab with Stuart Semple to make the blackest camera in the world. Stuart Semple is famous for making the world blackest paint.

I’ve always wanted a reason to reach out to him!

Please bring back the black version.

Make sure to vote for it at the top of the page. :smile:

Have you seen the details of Black 3.0? It looks SO cool. Love the video, too.

NO! Thanks for the link!!! :smiley:

I just finished watching the video and it’s fantastic. I remember when the blackest black and pinkest pink both came out. I’m glad to hear that they’re still going strong! I also plan to get one of those watercolor pallets. :slight_smile:

Good question! While many of you want a Black option (which does look really cool!) white options historically sell better. Because we operate on a thin-margin/high-velocity business model we’ve had to focus on maximizing the White option, but we’re always listening to the community and working to deliver what you all ask for! Thanks for the comments & don’t forget to vote if you want black back!

Black Cam For Black Friday

Sort of insane not to offer it at least in white and black. Your white cams stick out like a sore thumb on my black building. I snapped up 2 of the black - perfect.

there is a gentleman on these forums that is actually making his own black vinyl wraps for the V2. I bought a few of them and I love them. I didn’t line up the corners perfectly, but they change the camera A LOT as far as visibility goes. and if you decided later down the road that the black isn’t good anymore, you could peel them. DM me and I could more than likely put you in touch with him.

Suspect this is a volume question. Big enough buy the cost differential goes away. Consider a black sleeve (see aerosol can labellers) I think a lot of the discussion here is a decor or easier to hide thing really.

Love to have a few in black… are they coming back? I’d even pay more for that
https://www.wyzecam.com/wyze-cam-black/