Bring Back Wyze Cam Black

There was an entire stock load of them around Christmas at two Home Depots I went into! Picked up two of them myself!

2 Likes

Would this be considered ā€œLaunchedā€, since I can buy a Wyze Cam Black on the site today? Or are we just selling through inventory from Black Friday that will run out eventually?

It will likely run out but discussions about having it available year round are occurring. Though that may not happen this year if we go that route. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As others have noted, white is an OK color until youā€™ve got the camera next to a window and the white causes glaring reflections.

Theyā€™ve got black standard cameras, so do they plan to do it with pan & tilt models? Putting black tape on them is inelegant and may effect heat-dissipation.

Iā€™d put one in a window even though it wouldnā€™t need full 360 rotation. Fine adjustments at a distance arenā€™t possible with the fixed models if vibration changes their alignment.

[Moderator Note: This is a merged #wishlist submission.]

Wyze has been producing these on and off. Right now, they are not available in the Wyze store. Last I heard, some Home Depot stores may still have some in stock and they do show up on the Home Depot website still:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Wyze-1080p-Cam-HD-Wi-Fi-Wired-Indoor-Smart-Home-Camera-Night-Vision-2-Way-Mic-Alexa-Ready-Free-14-Day-Cloud-Storage-Black-WYZEC2BK/310171984

1 Like

I bought 3 of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TMDP38L/

They work greatā€¦

I very much would like to see the cam or the pan cam made available in black and able to ship to Canada. The cam was available last year in black for a while, but could not get it in Canada.

1 Like

To add to this it would be really nice to have the outdoor and v3 in black as well. My outdoor sticks out like sore thumb where it is mounted in the tree, gives a great view of the house though.

2 Likes

I agree

I havenā€™t even received my regular v3 camera yet, I ordered as soon as it was available to orderā€¦ So if a black one comes first Iā€™ll take it