Bright news with Wyze Cam v3 Spotlight Kit now available - 1/28/21

Wyze Cam v3 needs a tiny bit of light for color night vision. Use the v3 Spotlight Kit when there’s no other light source around. Available now at Wyze Cam v3 Spotlight Kit!

9 Likes

What a bright idea!

6 Likes

I’m assuming that USB power has to be ran back to a power brick? It doesn’t use a splitter from the camera’s USB power?

Great news! So this is positioned as fill in lighting to supplement the V3’s amazing night vision.

Does it not amount to a reasonable floodlight replacement?

I think this is placed inline with the V3 cable.

1 Like

It actually does use the same power cable! It has a snazzy method for both devices getting power from the same cable. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This is very intriguing, but I see no information about whether the spotlight offers controls or is ‘always on’ when plugged in. Will I be able to leave the spotlight off until the camera senses motion, for example?

2 Likes

Yes, good idea. But is it controllable from the app? Does it work on a light sensor? iFttt? Schedules? Would have ordered one one or two with some more V3 cams if I would have had more information from the get go.

The spotlight has 2 options: always on or when motion is detected.

6 Likes

Thanks - this info ought to be included somewhere in the product page. I would not want an always-on light in most places.

2 Likes

Yikes…shipping cost is 40% of the unit cost.

1 Like

I wish there was a video with it in action on the page - I am interested in this but there is very minimal info on it. What type of light/bulb is it? How strong is it - what is the coverage/range of the light? It is a very small light so I worry how effective it would be, but I love the idea.

1 Like

it doesn’t have light bulb it is an LED
coupled with the starlight sensor in the camera it is pretty effective

Wyze Cam V3 Spotlight Kit

Tech Specs

• Lumens: 70 lumens
    • Angle: 130 degrees
    • Power supply: 5V 1A
    • Dimension: 21.555.834.4mm
    • Connection: Micro USB
    • Rating: IP65
    • Number of LEDs: 5
    • Light temperature: 4000-5000K
    • Operating conditions: -4°F to 131°F (-20°C to 55°C)
    • Warranty: 1 year

In the Box

• Spotlight
    • USB cable splitter

Pic with USB cable splitter

Functionality

• Toggle on and off manually using the Wyze app.
  • Automate using Rules in the Wyze app.
  • Switch between low and high brightness levels.
  • Control with 3rd party integrations such as IFTTT.
  • Use Cases.
  • Turn on the light automatically when motion is detected using Rules.
  • Automatically turn on the light at night using Rules for better visibility, then automatically turn it back off.
  • Use low brightness for enhanced indoor use, then bring your cam outside and switch to high brightness for enhanced outdoor use.

Settings in app

USB cable splitter connects power to the camera and spotlight.

8 Likes

Any update on the outdoor cable? I couldn’t find it anywhere in the Shop now? Can the cable that ships with the Cam v3 be used outdoors, or is that a no-no?

1 Like

Yes it is designed to use outdoors and has a weatherproof boot that goes over the connection to the camera

1 Like

So what’s the advantage for the outdoor cable. Just extra distance?

I don’t know what outdoor cable you are referring to

I was referring to the Outdoor Adapter that was shown on the Wyze Cam v3 page (it’s no longer there as of today). It’s the cable in the right side of this pic.

2 Likes

Any idea when the outdoor cables will be availble? Would like to order 3 spotlights and three outdoor adapters togethe and not have to pay separately shipping.

OK gotcha.
I Have no information about it , or when it will be available

1 Like