Bridge power off after update

I just updated my sensor bridge to the new firmware and now whenever I turn off my camera it also turns off the bridge. I didn’t have this issue before the update. Does anyone know how to fix this? I turn off my indoor cameras (pan cam) when I’m home but I still want my sensors to work.

Hi, @derekderekm. Welcome! What firmware version is installed on the camera? And what app version are you running? It looks like you are using Android, is this correct?

I keep my indoor camera off when I’m home too. But my sensors work without any problem. It is recommended not to use the bridge in a Pan cam. If you have a v2 on hand I would use it with the bridge instead. Please see my post on troubleshooting the sensor connectivity below:

1 Like

So because I did a firmware update on my bridge I now how to remove every battery and re-add all my sensors?? I have over 20 sensors… Also, the bridge still loses power when I turn off the camera. Is there any way to revert back to the previous bridge firmware? Everything was working perfectly before the update.

You do not have to remove the batteries only if the sensors are not connecting to the bridge.

What color is the status light on the bridge?

1. Turn off the cam with the bridge installed
  2. Remove the bridge and then turn cam back on wait until it connects
  3. Plug the bridge back in and let it connect
1 Like

Are you unplugging the cam or turning it off in the app?

I did that. The light on the bridge is solid blue (when the cam is on). When I turn off the camera the bridge light turns off. Before the firmware update I could turn the camera off and the bridge light would stay solid blue.

I’m turning off the cam using the app.

The bridge is in your Pan cam?

It is. Pan cam are the only cameras I have indoors.

Okay, I understand. Can you upload a screenshot of your bridge firmware?

That is the same bridge firmware I’m using.

I’m going to have to ask the other mavens and see if they can help. Give me a few minutes.

I think I figured it out. I deleted and re-added one of my sensors and it worked when the camera was off. I think I will need to re-add all my sensors… It looks like the update may have changed the light to turn off with the camera but the bridge seems to still be operational.

Off topic; is it normal to receive sensors with low battery out of the box?

1 Like

Glad to hear! :slightly_smiling_face:

No, the batteries should not be low. They should last about 12 months with normal use.

Is the bridge status light turned on?

It is turned on but the light still goes out when the camera is off. I’m not too concerned about the light as long as the bridge is still functioning. I assumed the bridge was turning off because the light was turning off with the cam and my sensors weren’t working. I think I got things back to normal now. I appreciate all your help.

1 Like

You are Welcome! If you need anything else just let me know. Glad to help if we can. :slightly_smiling_face: