Bluetooth major bug- still here 6 months later. Where is Wyze support?

Yes it’s Android only. I have v2.5.30 with Android 10 and the Bluetooth bug seemed resolved. I’ll have to try the latest v2.5.36 to see if the issue came back with that update.

1 Like

I noticed my car made a phone call over Bluetooth today when I had my wyze app on. After I hung up, I could not get it to make a call again even after turning on a wyze cam. I guess it’s not completely fixed yet.

hopefully they are still working to fix this problem. just got a new car and found this problem.

I’m not holding my breath. It seems that until the Outdoor camera is released everything else is on hold.

I’m not too interested in but I’m hoping it comes out soon so they can go back to fixing issues.

I don’t think this is a Wyze-specific issue. It’s an annoyance about the way certain bluetooth systems work. Mine does the same thing for MULTIPLE apps. It also does it any time I try to dictate a text, for example. I agree it’s annoying. I wish it would just use the phone itself. But you should probably complain to whoever makes the OS of your car’s head unit. Or just get a better head unit.

It’s because you have the ability to use the two-way communication while viewing the camera feed, and your car bluetooth system acts as if it’s calling your number in order to have access to your phone’s microphone for this purpose. But less crappy bluetooth systems don’t do it this way.

That’s a good point. I haven’t used any other apps that require 2-way communication (in my car) so I didn’t notice until I tried using the Wyze app.

I don’t even use the app for 2-way communication.