Bluetooth major bug- still here 6 months later. Where is Wyze support?

Despite some people above insisting this is a Wyze app issue only… they are wrong. I’ve had this happen for years whenever I stream and use Bluetooth at the same time. Only on Android. Also, Bluetooth is and has always been buggy. Because I’ve dealt with this for so long I found a fix.

Here is a work around so you don’t have to reboot. First make a phone call to anyone, hang up after 1 ring, open the multitasking menu and swipe away Wyze. Poof! Audio restored.

Try to give the devs some time to get to this issue. I personally am very happy not spending $200-$300 per camera + monthly monitoring for my wonderful cameras.

Is this a once-for-all fix, or you need to do this every time you start the car?

Hi… Problems with blueetoth still there. When do you plan to fix this annoyance ?

Yep, problem still exists after the latest app and firmware update. But wow, they added PayPal to the app so my guess is that there are only about two developers working for Wyze. No time to fix customer issues.

Before adding New functions(eg ir light control) they should fix well known bugs, shouldn’t they?

Sorry for the delay! I had to track down some information.

We’ve been working on Bluetooth issues but we don’t have everything sorted out yet. We fixed issues relating to music playing without sound, music playing along with the live stream with quality changed, and phone calls and audio from the Wyze app playing at the same time in 2.1. We’re continuing to work on Bluetooth issues (such as audio using the call channel) and apologize for the delay.

1 Like

I dont know how or why but ever since the last update, my wyze cam pan audio has come through as a phone call from myself. It does it on both my wyze cam pans. I have to v2 standards that im putting back up to see if they do it to. Anyone have this issue also? Im using a samsung galaxy s7 edge with android 8.0.0.

2 Likes
"my wyze cam pan audio has come through as a phone call from myself"

Can you be more specific? Are you saying when you check the audio that your phone rings, or that the audio quality is poor, or something else?

I have been having this problem as well I think. It seems like when I view the camera stream the audio from it is being routed through the “phone audio” instead of “media audio”. When I have my bluetooth headset on I will even have a bluetooth/phone volume control slider pop up instead of just the media slider.

1 Like

I have also had this problem. It is not always but it seems to happen half the time. When i go to listen to audio it comes out of the earpiece instead of the Speaker. So as the previous person said it is routed through phone instead of media. I am using a Note 8 (Stock Android 8.1).

For me it’s not really a problem, but I experience this too. When I am in my car and I am connected to bluetooth and steaming music through it. I will look at my cam sometimes at stoplights, and when the audio is turned on from the feed, my car shows that it’s calling itself (my phone is calling my own number like it does when i listen to voicemails).

Basically, my car treats it like a phone call out instead of playing audio from the phone. I understand and it’s not really a bother though.

I’ve had it happen to me too, just so you guys know. We are investigating into it!

When it occurred, did you all have Bluetooth turned on?

1 Like

Yes my bluetooth is h on. My problem is that other apps (like alarms) won’t ring because it thinks its on a call. Even after I shut it down - can’t hear alarms.

Exact same problem with my wife’s truck. Bluetooth on and streaming music from phone to car. If she opens a cam it gets all messed up a.

So as I’ve been paying more attention to this problem I’ve run into more issues. If I use the app to view my cameras bluetooth on my phone does one or more of the following:

1. bluetooth headset connection is killed and usually requires a reboot to fix.
  2. if I use the app BEFORE using bluetooth audio, the audio is reduced to a terrible sounding level, almost sounds like a transistor radio from back in the day. Sometimes it will eventually clear up on it's own (ie audio will suddenly revert to normal) or I have to reboot the phone to get audio restored to normal. I have noticed this while streaming on the TuneIn app, changing audio streams has no effect on the sound quality.
  3. bluetooth will not reset by simply turning off my headset and turning it back on, audio continues to come out of the phone speakers even though a bluetooth headset has reconnected with the phone. Reboot fixes this.
I have deleted my bluetooth connection for my headset and re-paired but this had no effect on the problems. This is really a problem with the app, literally have to remember to not view my cameras while I'm trying to listen to bluetooth audio. Clearly something is wrong. I've also noticed that I have problems with listening to notifications from my cameras over bluetooth. Usually I can't hear the sound at all but occasionally it will work. Please look into this.

Phone: stock 8.1, unrooted Pixel, bluetooth headset is a “no-name” model from amazon that works properly with all other phone functions.

Guys, here’s my 2 cents. I also have a Galaxy S7, with Bluetooth on. I have not once had this happen to me.

I found out to make it happen.

Use the 2-way microphone to speak then go to your phone and try to play a sound (I listen to the sound I selected for an alarm).

When I try this, the sound won’t play. Pop up not says “Unable to play sound during a call”.

I then need to restart my phone to clear it.

First post

Figured I would chime in. Just got my Wyzecam Pan in the mail today and hooked it up. I notice that when I adjust the volume it shows it as the call volume that I’m adjusting. Haven’t been remote yet and tried while my phone is connected to Bluetooth. I’m using a ZTE Axon 7, rooted, custom ROM (AEX) 8.1.

Also to the powers that be, I’m a Network Engineer with lots of AWS experience, and wouldn’t mind assisting in any beta testing/development if I could help at all.

Cheers!

Ditto, Galaxy S7 Edge running Android 8.0

The issue is the same for me whether I’m inside my local network or remote… When pulling the audio from the cam via the app it is always treated by the phone as a call. This, in and of itself is not an issue (unless you’re actually on the phone at the time) but it seems that the call is never cleanly released when you turn off the cam audio. All phone audio is hollow and tinny sounding after this, the only thing that solves it for me is a complete power cycle.

Same issue on my Huawei mate 9.