Bluestacks / Windows 7 - Where are the videos saved?

I installed Bluestacks and Wyze App on Windows 7. So far I love it, but can’t figure out where the videos are recorded. I usually press the record button on the screen vs. detection mode. I get the “Saved Successfully” notification, but don’t know where to find the video. Checked the Windows user Videos folder and the Bluestacks media folder and they’re not in there.

Windows 7. :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you Canvas; however, I want to open the recorded videos with another software, so I need to know the location of the files in my hard drive. Do you know how I can do that?

When I click on “send to windows” from the Share Menu, nothing happens. I am aware this might be a question about Bluestacks, instead of Wyze, but still wanted to check if anyone knows the answer her.

Thank you! I was able to send the files to Windows that way. I was really hoping to access the files via File Explorer, but haven’t been able to figure it out. I found a web page that suggested C:\Program Data\BlueStacks\Android\ SDCard or C:\ProgramData\ BlueStacks \Engine\Android\ SDCard

The closest path I found to that was C:\ProgramData\BlueStacks_nxt\Engine. I checked all the folders in there with no luck : /

When I first set up Bluestacks years ago, I found that it allows you to CREATE a special folder that is shared by both Bluestacks and by Windows, and so inside Bluestacks, when you copy or move a file there, you can access that same folder in Windows (and vice-versa). Check the settings somewhere. It’s been a while since I did it, but back when I did, I had to intentionally create it.

In Bluestacks, it is a little confusing that in the Media Manager you need to select Export first and then tag the items you want to export. I kept trying to select files first and that doesn’t work. The other non-intuitive part of Bluestacks is that once you’ve selected Export and tagged the files there’s a new Export link that’s easy to miss atop the window.

1 Like

I used Bluestacks for a few weeks but I didn’t like it . All my saved stuff went to a folder in c:\users\myname\Pictures\Bluestacks;

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I did. like I said, What I would like it to be able to find the files directly from Explorer without having to send them from one location to another.

Thank you Antonious, I checked that folder and the files are not there. Do you have windows 10? Maybe that’s why it’s different in my computer.

Yes I have Windows 10. Can’t you just go to file explorer, open This PC and type in Bluestacks in search and see what shows up beside the program files. I deleted my Bluestacks so I can’t recreate how I save the files. I have an iPhone and iPad so I don’t really to to have the files on my PC.

I’ve tried all the solutions I’ve found online, but none describe the paths/folders I find on my system : \

Just FYI, WYZE saves as an MP4 file. I was trying to do the same thing as you and couldn’t find them either. So, I searched my entire hard drive for *.MP4 files and nothing WYZE related showed up. Evidently BlueStacks saves the files internally to itself in some odd format and that’s why we have to jump through hoops to export them to Windows. :slight_smile:

Click on explore then Click on video for 3 scound then click exporte to windows then choose where to share your file …