Blue Birds in Wyze Bird House

I wondered that also.

After researching a bit and getting way too much info, she looks at their throats to see if food is in the gullet. Also the ones that screech the loudest get fed first.

4 Likes

It’s getting a little crowded in the robin’s nest now. I think it’ll only be a couple of days before they take off.

20220521_062034

3 Likes

Same with my chicks.

3 Likes

The feeder is popular this morning. This is just a snippet of the events.

3 Likes

And then there was 1.

20220522_170837

A couple hours later, there were none.

3 Likes

Still 5 chicks in the house. One figured how wings work.

I expect them to fledge tomorrow or the next day.

3 Likes

You’ll have to start a new thread for next clutch, :smile:

All 5 chicks are still in the house.

Perhaps tomorrow. They won’t fledge this late in the day.

3 Likes

The chicks are learning to come to the entrance for food. Still 5 in the box.

5 Likes

So beautiful. It is very nice to consider.

Tom, do you have a link for instructions or video of how you got it on your cam? Thanks.

@AnnWithAPlan

Here is a YouTube link from the Etsy store that sells the focus ring

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kkKAMMNlaf4

Link to Etsy seller if you don’t have the focus ring

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1106584537/

I grabbed the lens with a good pair of pliers parallel to the board and rotated it to break the adhesive. Running it in and out a few times will clean up most of the adhesive. If you have not added the camera to the app, do that first before doing the upgrade. The lens needs to be in focus to scan the QR code during setup. The focus ring installation negates the IP65 rating. Even though my camera is in an enclosure, the humidity inside the house with a bunch of birds will creep past the focus ring and cause corrosion inside the camera. Once the focus is correct, I applied a thin bead of clear silicone around the perimeter of the focus ring.

Thanks. I saw that and checked it out

Is there a blue bird’s feeder at bird house. Bird feeders for bluebirds are a surefire way of attracting these gorgeous backyard birds.

[Mod Edit]: Spam link removed.

Yep, I have a feeder just for bluebirds that has meal worms ready to eat. Yummy.

Getting the house ready for some chicks!

4 Likes

How much does a Blue Bird House rent for, do they get a discount on the number of chicks?

They poop on my cars. That’s the reward I get.

I like how they wiggle their butt to make the nest.

And they are juuust the right size to squeeze through the entrance of the feeder.

2 Likes