Blue Birds in Wyze Bird House

The chicks have feathers so mom won’t have to sit on them as much.

Their eyes aren’t open yet.

To give you and idea how cramped it is going to be, here is a pic of the last 3 birds to fledge last year.

3 Likes

Isn’t it kind of funny how at this stage the chicks are all mouth, My robin chicks look exactly the same. But, I don’t think their feathers have come in as much as your bluebirds.

I got this clip today. Momma had just dropped off a meal. She hasn’t taken any of the mealworms. Sparrows get them first.

3 Likes

Eyes are starting to open!

Mom is digging in the bottom of the nest to remove the poop. It comes out encased in a pouch.

3 Likes

The WOC camera above the bluebird house recorded events every 5-7 minutes starting about 5:30 this morning.

She stays in the house at night with her head sticking out of the entrance.

Changed the plastic dish for the dried mealworms so the sides aren’t so high.

Ran out of live mealworms. Have 10000 in an Amazon cart. Budget on SS says humans and dogs get priority.

As soon as the laat chick fledges the box will be swapped with an identical box but wirh a focused v3.

4 Likes

The live mealworms I’ve been putting out are getting eaten by sparrows. The robin’s haven’t figured out what is in the plastic I set out every morning.

Man, that is some lush green grass! All’s right with the world in that pic.

1 Like

The robin figured out what was in the blue bowl. :smile:

3 Likes

Went to the farm store and bought live mealworms.

3 Likes

The chicks can see and require more food more often.

3 Likes

Temporarily sandwiched a v3 in between the feeder and our gazebo.

It is held on with zip ties for now. Once the birds fledge I will remove the feeder and make a mount and refocus the lens.

3 Likes

The worm has definitely turned, lol. :+1:

1 Like

I’m getting out of here! See ya suckers later…

Oh crap….

3 Likes

Installed a focus ring on the v3. Image is noticeably sharper. It was raining so the adjustment was made in haste. It will be a bit sharper.

These are freeze dried mealworms.

3 Likes

I have a mealworm mixer!

3 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

This bluebird took a long look at the v3 and knew how to get out.

She ate a dried mealworm and took a live mealworm for the chicks

Cant adjust the focus because the feeder is busy.

2 Likes

Mom is feeding that live mealworm to one of her chicks

The time is not synced

2 Likes

I’ve always wondered how mom decides which chick will get fed on any given trip.

3 Likes

If you like rooting for a true ‘underdog’ mealworms would be a good cause. :wink:

2 Likes