Blue Birds in Wyze Bird House

Survival of the fittest. lol

CAUTION TURN THE VOLUME DOWN BEFORE OPENING THE VIDEO

We have a persistent chickadee making nests in the bluebird house. I clean it out and in a few hours the nesting material is back.
There are other bird houses in the yard. This is for blue birds.

The bird came back today so I blasted the siren. The v3 is inside a bird house measuring about 5” across and 8” high.

5 Likes

The chickadee was persistent so I left the door open.

Just got a notification from the WOC above the bluebird house.

I quickly went out and closed the door. Listen for the chirp at the end like he is saying “hey check this one out!”

5 Likes

How’s this.

3 Likes

The phrase “bluebird of happiness” has some truth to it. Because there is something good in store for you when you have frequent bluebird sightings, learn about this and more if you want.

I guess that explains why “Night Heron of Happiness” is not a thing.

They don’t get much bluer than this guy

The chickadee hasn’t tried making a nest the past few days.

Hoping the bluebird decides these digs are pretty nice.

Need to take the v3 out and adjust the focus a bit. An Etsy seller makes a focusing ring for the v3. Was hoping it would arrive before the bluebirds. Need to wait until the brood has fledged.

6 Likes

Do you have a link for this focusing ring for the V3?

SJ

Easily found on Etsy… Love the idea… wish it didn’t lose the waterproofness of the camera though,

It does void one’s warranty as well.

I could see this being great for any indoor needs.

SJ

2 Likes

My v3 is inside a bluebird house. No moisture can get inside

I agree it does disturb the seal, but after the focus is set, a bead of silicone around the focus ring will keep moisture out.

3 Likes

I would think that humidity levels could get pretty high once the eggs all hatch. That would be my greatest concern.

I read somewhere that finding the right pair of cheep throw away readers would do the trick without taking the camera apart. The thing is, what’s the right strength and do they sell them at a dollar store?

The most important bluebird symbolism is linked to the color of their feathers. Blue is the color that represents peace, contentment, purity, honesty, and innocence. That is why bluebirds are considered messengers of love and joy.

[Mod Edit]: Referral link removed.

2 Likes

Sealing the focus ring after it is adjusted would bring the IP65 rating back.

The odor inside the house after the birds have fledged is horrendous.

1 Like

The birdhouse was empty at 12:24 then a bluebird took over. A chickadee was visiting yesterday. Last year a downy woodpecker spent the night several times and left at daybreak.

Bluebird is taking a hard look at the v3.

Now it is 15:20

Just about finished with the focusing ring installation on my spare v3. My plan was to take the birdhouse down tonight and swap cameras but now there is a nest so you will have to put up with slightly blurry images and videos like last year.

4 Likes

For those who did not follow the bluebird house posts last season, here is a recap of what I know about bluebirds :

The male scouts out possible locations for the nest. The female checks out his selections, and after deciding on one, she makes the nest (pine needles are good, which we have a **LOT ** of) The female will lay the eggs (had to mention that because @peepeep thinks birds are government drones). Usually one egg per day. Last year we had 6 eggs. 5 hatched and fledged. The last bluebird hung around in the house for 2 days. Momma sits on the eggs and moves them around. The eggs are porous. All poppa bluebird does is bring momma food, and guard the nest. Last year I mounted the bluebird feeder too close to the box, so every time I would fill the feeder, the bluebird and his mate would dive bomb me. I moved the feeder so that won’t happen this year. I don’t want to distress the birds. It is quite possible the male or female bluebird were part of the last brood.

This is only my second year of observing, so my observations may not be the norm.

Here is momma arranging the messy pile of pine needles into a nest. I like how she shuffles her body and shoves the pine needles into a circle.

7 Likes

Don’t fault me for being informed. :wink:

:bird: :chicken: :penguin: :baby_chick: :hatching_chick: :hatched_chick: :duck: :eagle: Go birds! :owl: :rooster: :turkey: :dove: :swan: :peacock: :parrot: :feather: :badminton:

2 Likes

This is what we should see (and hear)

The first egg was laid 06/19/2021 and the last bird fledged 07/24/2021.

6 Likes

Should have an egg this morning or tomorrow morning. :grinning:

2 Likes

As predicted, egg #1 was laid sometime around 7am.

Last year we had 6 eggs and 5 hatched

Day 2. :grinning:

Day 3. :grinning:

Momma bluebird won’t sit on the eggs until they are all out. This is so they will all hatch about the same time.

Day 4

Momma bluebird is sitting on the 4 eggs tonight. That means no more eggs because she waits until all the eggs are out so one chick won’t hatch before the others and take all the food.

One more!

6 Likes