BLACK CAMERAS ARE MORE STEALTH - SEEMS OBVIOUS TO EVERYONE EXCEPT YOU GUYS.

support

BLACK CAMERAS ARE OFTEN MORE STEALTH - SEEMS OBVIOUS TO EVERYONE EXCEPT YOU GUYS.

I find a white camera is much easier for a thief to pick out in a room than a dark coloured camera.

White cams for a baby’s room seems to make sense…but for people who mean business, it’s a bit pedestrian.

I like you guys - good kit for good prices, but to be effective for anything other than a nanny cam, you need more serious (stealth) models.

My 2-cents.

Barry

Canada

cam.jpg

Painters tape and a can of spray pain will fix your issue :slight_smile:

It depends on the decor and if you want people to see it. I have a sticker on a window saying to smile with a wyze logo.

People may have different desires :slight_smile:

Check out the following thread. I ordered 10 of these from Tony several weeks ago. Doesn’t take the place of a natively black camera, but you really can’t go wrong for $2 per wrap.

https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/wyze-cam-vinyl-wrap/

Is there a link on Amazon or something ?..who’se Tony !!! :wink:

I also find the audio to be somewhat useless. My son was having fun with my cell phone in the basement trying to yell stuff to me through the camera, but I couldn’t make out any of the tinny noise, and after he stopped speaking there was a loud clicky-click from the camera…like it was switching from listening to speaking mode.

For an extra…$5. I’d gladly pay for a 1080p black cam with a decent speaker…so I can use it as an intercom to the basement.

On the good side, the picture is solid and the connectivity hasn’t dropped once.

In my house, all of the cameras are mounted on white/cream colored surfaces. I have two black cameras and they stick out terribly. I kinda hid one on top of a dark-ish wood cabinet but it’s still obvious since the wall behind it is light. There’s a reason the vast majority of consumer cameras sold are white.