Biometric Keypad for Wyze Lock

Hi Wyze - I have been using the Wyze lock with keypad and am loving it. And I just saw the new release of biometric lock which looks sleek and amazing. However, some of the features in the Wyze lock are not available in the new biometric lock. E.g. Wifi enabled to allow lock/unlock remotely. Is it possible to add biometric finger print capability to the keypad and have that connect to the Wyze lock to create the biometric version of the Wyze lock? Just a thought!

Thanks.

[Mod Edit]: Title modified to enhance search clarity.

I’d love a fingerprint reader added to the keypad.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

2 Likes

I simply cannot believe they made a NEW lock thats worse, then the original, who down grades there front door lock,
The follow up scale is Worse than the original.

If they make a front door lock its GOT to have hardened steel bolt lock
WiFi
Bluetooth
Biometric/ fingerprints
Water proof light up touch pad
Nfc support for phones & watches
Key back up
Led light over or under key hole
Alexa auto support
Availble in min 3 color choices

& be able to connect with indoor wyze sensors to create rules…

1 Like

As an owner of both, I have to admit I was premature in buying the new Bolt Lock as I didn’t realize it was dropping the WiFi. I was ok to lose the key hole for biometrics and like the faster unlock times. Perhaps the best case is a Keypad V2 which works with the original Wyze Lock to maintain WiFi and key backup, perhaps mounting / operating off the power to the doorbell to not have to be battery as an option?

2 Likes

Updated Keypad For Wyze Lock

I’d like a version 2.0 keypad for the original Wyze Lock that:

1. Is metal and feels higher quality.
  2. Has numbers and buttons laid out to match the Lock Bolt keypad. 3x4, not 2x6.
  3. Incorporates a fingerprint reader.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Yes, exactly this

New look for Wyze lock keypad

I don’t like the look of Wyze lock keypad I wish Wyze could make a new looking keypad something like Wyze lock bolt keypad or Wyze sense keypad.

1 Like

Agreed. The original lock worked well for the price but the keypad was always lacking.

It wears over time with the finish coming of and the buttons wearing, lacked a way to securely mount it that cant easily be stolen and had no finger print option.

This is something they could easily address and ad value to the original lock.

On a side note they could make more money :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wyze lock Keypad V2

Update keypad to use RFID and fingerprint instead of just codes.
The lock works great, love it. Lots of other locks have these features.
Relatively easy upgrade that would add lots of value to the lock.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for Wyze Lock: unlock by NFC.

1 Like