Beware updates

1 Like

Well now, that is impressive. Have you ever had Legacy Person Detection in the past? Back when we had the option to continue with it but at a name your price for those who had it before the company was bought out, I didn’t do it. But I am ok with that as my CamPlus has been working great for me and quick responses as well.

I used the name your own price option, and paid $0 and it seemed to accept that many many months ago.
This particular feature that I am showing in the screenshots has never been available to me until I updated the application just a few days ago. I didn’t notice it until I went to go update the firmware of my cameras today.

Got ya. I decided not to do it when I had the option, Kicking myself now. :slight_smile:

I am sure it got caught up with the new UI updates and CamPlus settings being moved. The latest round of Firmware updates corrected a number of items like this.

There was a bug when they moved the settings that had eliminated the Legacy Person Detection Switch, that bug has since been fixed and the switch added back in. My understanding is the switch will be there and if you signed up for Legacy when they did it, it will turn on and if you didnt it will ask you to sign up. My assumption is since you signed up for Legacy Detection (zero amount paying was allowed) you will still have it which is why it is working for you.

1 Like

I never understood why they allowed us to sign up with the $0 option. I just rolled the dice and I guess I got it in the end. I’m sure they will find a reason to terminate it again in the future.

1 Like

Yea. I should have, just did not feel right doing that. However, I also did not realize you could change the price over time.

But glad it worked out for you.

They always allowed the zero option because it was free to begin with, they just could not sustain it after having to move it to the cloud when xnor ended the partnership. They have said if enough people pay to make it sustainable it will stay.

@spamoni
I honestly do not use it anymore. All the cams I needed person detection on I upgraded to v3 due to the starlight sensor. Legacy will never be available for the v3 so I am using Cam Plus now instead. With the other AI options they are putting into Cam Plus it has been worth it for me.

3 Likes

Yea, most of mine are v3 as well. Still have 2 v2’s (one is for the Wyze Car) and 2 Outdoor Cams. Been very happy with them and CamPlus. CamPlus has come such a long way and I am being notified rather quickly and it is now about 98% to 99% accurate on Person, Package, and Pet. Now that I have Facial Recognition working, I am more impressed with CamPlus.

In addition, here is a comparison between a v3 Camera and the Eufy 2c camera, both hanging in the same location with similar settings - comparing apples to apples.

The Wyze picked up the Cat further out and tracked it longer. I even think the quality is better. I also noticed the flash when the Eufy picked up the Cat, between the bushes. So needless to say, I am happy with what I have and having the ability to add 99 Camera’s as I am on the unlimited plan makes it even better. :slight_smile:

Oh Yea - forgot to mention. The Wyze Cam was a fraction of the price I paid for the Eufy 2C.

Eufy Camera 2c

Wyze v3 Camera

I have to admit Pet detection would be nice. I know of a cat that decides that my front lawn is its litter box and have had a very difficult time finding it or tracking it.

1 Like

Yea, there are individuals in my area that let their cats run free. Then they start posting or asking if anyone has seen there cat. Why get one and let it run free and then ask. :slight_smile:

CamPlus has been great for me. I am currently testing the Facial Recognition and it has been working great, after I got it working. I am testing the Beta / Pilot Release of this and have bene reporting the bugs and issues.

1 Like

I am surprised at how much sooner the Wyze picked up the cat. A lot of people say the Eufy are better, but watching that I would have to go with Wyze. I no longer have any competition cameras installed, I have switched them all over to Wyze and have been happy.

1 Like

Yea, I have to agree.

I left some of the Eufy Camera’s up for comparison and performance testing. I am actually planning on taking them down this weekend or next. I have the Eufy Base, 2 Bullet Cams, 1 Cam 2c, and a Doorbell.

1 Like

Apples and oranges! I wasn’t familiar with this model but a quick search shows it’s a battery powered camera just like the Wyze Cam Outdoor, with the same kind of sensing and notification lags the Wyze Cam Outdoor has.

You can’t expect it to perform like a line powered V3.

That is true it is a battery camera. So not exact. But the settings are the same and it used to alert faster than my v3. Now the v3 seems to be alerting faster.

I agree it is not exact, but from my testing in the past, if you were to walk back by the trees, it alerted as expected, and so does the Wyze v3. the WCO would not.

What I am indicating is:

1. I think the image is better quality
  2. The v3 now Alerts faster than the Eufy Cam, which is a benefit to me
  3. Yes it is battery, but the functions and settings are very similar to the v3. You can even set 3 Activity zones, which you cannot do on the WCO.
  4. Based on the price difference, you can’t beat the Wyze v3.

In general, I think Wyze is definitely moving in the correct direction.

Ans Yes, I do agree, you cannot expect a Battery Powered Camera to perform like a Line powered v3. But in the past, the 2C beat the V3 in every notification and load time. Now the v3 is beating it. Just an interesting comparison to me.

Necroing threads is rude. But I just want to point out that yes we do have to sign up for this plus lite and the ability to see motion is still available however that is not something that was purchased by apple. That is a feature they removed from the absolutely subscriptionless state of the camera. I just felt like I need to point that out since this is the first result on Google when you search for wyze removing features. Not to mention there’s no way to sign up for Plus lite in the app. So a lot of people probably don’t even know about it. That shifty that is obnoxious and really a bad look in my opinion. So for all you people that were saying they don’t do this because of apple purchasing the AI system they used. Ahem. This reaffirms the reality even if that case was wrong. Hope it notifies all of you so you can remember how rude many of you were to the complaints.

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @Lorentz! :raising_hand_man:

The introduction of Cam Plus Lite and the shift to subscription based server video storage was over a year ago. It was highly publicized, announced, and discussed thoroughly on all platforms of social media.

The catalyst for the change had nothing to do with the shift from the previous AI model, acquired by Apple, to the completely in-house developed AI model Wyze now uses.

The introduction of Cam Plus Lite and the limitations on non-subscription cams to upload video was purely cost based for the survival of Wyze in a post-COVID economy. Costs for Web Server Storage space skyrocketed and Wyze was required to make difficult decisions to survive.

There are many threads and links that chronicled this shift here in the forum. Here is one that may help you understand why they had to do this. Under the first post, you will see that there are 32 other threads that linked to this one. I invite you to follow those links as well to get a full picture of what was discussed last year in March.

4 Likes