Better or modified method of Wyze Bulb reset to factory settings

Ok, so you recently had an outage with Wyze bulbs. Great.

So my wife, not knowing that, flipping the light bulbs on and off a couple times, after the 3rd time, it reset the bulbs completely. THIS IS A STUPID DESIGN.

Let us set the amount of on/off sequence before light bulbs are allowed to be reset. 5 should be the default.

Also, give us the ability to change it to higher. I have kids. Kids are stupid. Kids play with lights. 3 times on and off is way too short.

I dont agree that it is stupid, it is in line with what most companies do, although I have seen some at 5. You do say you have kids and to be honest I could set it at 15 and they would reset it, I just resort to teaching them.
I am not positive but I believe it must be 3 switch flips in a certain period of time. One way of fixing it may be to shorten the period of time while increasing the number like 5 in 3 seconds or something.

lights-out-still-three

1 Like

If ductape would only keep them away…

It’s really simple.

3 light flips puts them into pairing mode, but if the pairing never occurs the settings revert back to previously stored.

Kicking off pairing mode shouldn’t wipe existing settings out until pairing is finished.

1 Like

Switch guards are very helpul to prevent turning off and on problems. Amazon has different ones.

They don’t work against 5-6 year olds that like to play with lights. Wyze is the only company with this problem.

I know, kids are kids! I’m glad I don’t have 5 or 6 yr old kids acting like that in my home.

However, I think Wyze will consider all the feedback from everyone and improve the bulbs eventually. If people do not want to wait for improvements, they can always move to another brand.