Beta Testing for Wyze Cam v3 RTSP Firmware Now Available!

How do other camera manufacturers handle video when the “power of the camera is turned off” ?

I think what he means is RTSP interruptions happen when the camera is powered off then on without an internet connection. I would love to hear of any alternative cameras that can work without a persistent internet connection, After a bunch of trial and error the best I can do with the Wyze V3 is 3 mins of uninterrupted stream before a failed API heartbeat or whatever causes the cam to attempt to reconnect to wifi and drop the stream. For my usecase this is only “okay” since at least I can get a repeated interval of 3 minute chunks of real time video feed followed by about 30s of nothing, but it’s annoying to say the least.

1 Like

I totally agree with you. An RTSP camera is supposed to work 24/24 event without internet. This v3 RTSP camera will not work properly after a restart (or a power failure) if there is no internet access. It will lose connection (freeze image) every 3 minutes or so. Don’t use it as a security camera, you will be disappointed.

1 Like