Beta Testing for Wyze Cam v3 RTSP Firmware Now Available!

Well this is their first beta RTSP firmware… I wish they would just use a standard/secure RTSP communication protocol as their main video streaming protocol but that us not the case. I guess the wait is not over yet for a reliable RTSP firmware but the bright side is that they are following trough on their promise to deliver the RTSP package.

They might not be aware of this issue. Where could we issue a bug report so that they might fix this sooner rather than later?

@UserCustomerGwen They are supposed to follow this forum too.

It’s been asked before but clearly no one showed up.

Well that’s not very promising…

@skycam Just a Quick Thanks i nearly Junkerd BI (cant realy do that though i tried many alts)

Not sure if I’m the only one that has noticed this, but my Wyze cams v3 keep disconnecting and I found that if the signal is less than full bars, it disconnects.

You know how there are three bars for the Wi-Fi signal? Well, I’ve noticed if the signal is two bars, it starts disconnecting.

You would think that two bars would be strong enough, but it’s not. As soon as I move the router and the signal goes to three bars or full bars the disconnects stops immediately.

Early on there were reports of “weak” antennas in some V3’s, you might have one with a weak antenna.
Another poster suggested checking the cameras RSSI ( Received Signal Strength Indicator) if you can. You’ve got to be able to log into your router.

This particular camera is right next to another one that doesn’t have this issue. I mean they are right next to each other pointing away from each other.

But I found out that just tilting the router a little bit to one side makes the signal go from two bars to three bars and that seems to fix the issue on that particular camera.

Welcome. I’m glad you didn’t junk BI :laughing:

Now one of the cameras keeps disconnecting and it’s stuck with the wrong date of 10/12/2021… .I have already tried resetting the camera and adding it again to Wzye app, but the wrong date is still there.
Any ideas?

I even reflashed the firmware and at first it starts at 06/22/21 then it goes to 10/12/21 and stays there.
It’s the same camera that’s been finicky about wifi range.

Can the camera see the internet? I don’t think there is any way to configure the V3 to use a local NTP server (as all of my other cameras do), so if it can’t phone home, it seems like it will have no way to know the correct time.

I can view live and seems to work fine…but it kept disconnecting from time to time…and the wrong date stuck between June and Oct…after a few resets is working again…for how long? :man_shrugging:

I am currently running BI 5.4.9.16 x64 (7/29/2021), I’m new to BI, and just registered it when I was able to get my Six V3’s streaming via RTSP to VLC successfully.

All V3s have Audio enabled, and the registry set for the audio channels set to 1 per a previous post in the forum stating that this would keep BI from crashing. (thank you @Skycam )

One of my V3’s that I have verified works with VLC and BI randomly loses connection to this one camera, and prompts me for a Password in VLC (and it refuses to accept what is verified to work), and in BI it simply says:

No Signal
Error 80000007a (Check Port/User/Password)

Nothing has changed with the port… user … or password from when it was working.

This camera is working fine with the Wyze App on my iphone.

I think I’ll move this camera next to the router at my desk to test the theory of signal strength causing this one V3 not to work, while the other 5 V3’s are working without issue.

I too have the question for @UserCustomerGwen on how to get support for this one camera that won’t maintain a consistent RTSP connection to VLC or BI

SJ

If you havent updated BI to version 5.5.1.9 DONT! It’s causing crashing issues. Lots if users are having issues including myself. Blue Iris team is working on it.

Having no issues with BI 5.5.1.10 as of 10/13/21

They must have skipped from 5.5.5.7 over to 5.5.1.10 which is good

Sorry. Haven’t heard of 5.5.5.17. My latest update from yesterday was 5.5.1.10.

Sorry I meant 5.5.1.7

Roger that. :slightly_smiling_face:

With audio? And without registry hacks?