Beta Testing for Wyze Cam v3 RTSP Firmware Now Available!

Regenerate the rtsp URL, it should fix it.

1 Like

What BI version are you running? I’m running 5.2.7.12. At the time I had (kept the updates) support and tried newer versions but they either tapped out the CPU past what I found acceptable, or had issues with writing straight to disk.
So when I add this camera, my BI goes into a crash/start mode non stop, until I quickly disable it. This is so so strange… not sure why it’s happening, log doesn’t say anything.

Someone mentioned running it in UPD mode that’s it’s more reliable for this Beta, what port number, the standard 7000?

Running it on a Dell R710 server with dual Xeon L5520 CPUs and 48GB of RAM using Windows server 2012r2. BI is taking around 35% of the CPU and BI is currently handling 22 cameras.

1 Like

I’ve updated 4 of 5 of my v3 cameras to RTSP with no issues. I’ve set them up in iSpy as FFMPEG (H264), also with no issues noted. I’ll get the 5th one tomorrow, as I need to get on a ladder and remove a window screen to be able to get an SD card into and flash it. It might (FINALLY) be time to retire MeMu and TinyCam Pro. image

3 Likes

I have now completed 7 of my 11 V3 cameras. I have a couple of tips.

1. If you are flashing camera that has the status light turned off - TURN IT ON before you start. Otherwise you are blind about what is going on.
  2. And I’ve been saying this for a long time. I find that holding the setup button while plugging the camera in can be very difficult. My solution is to use a USB battery bank that has a on button or switch. Plug the cable in with the battery turned off, then press and hold the setup button and turn on the battery. It takes less time for the V3 cameras to enter flash mode than the V2 cameras - about 4 seconds.
  3. This one from forum user teredactle. After you set up RTSP, it will not work. Go into the RTSP setup and regenerate URL, and then after about 30 seconds it will work.
  4. This applies to V2 cameras as well. After flashing, most of the time the Wyze app will not connect to the camera. Go into Apps and force stop the Wyze app. Wait a couple seconds and start the Wyze app again and the camera will connect just fine. This was on my Android. Unknown about iOS.
9 Likes

Yes, solid for me when using UDP, but I am finding BI uses much more CPU in this mode. You need to pick a different port range for each camera using UDP. I saw elsewhere and it works for me to use 7000, 7100, 7200, etc. for each camera.

This happened to me too. I’m running BI v4… Had to uninstall and reinstall 3 times. Will mess with it some more tomorrow.

BI? Or the camera in BI?
Regardless, this isn’t normal behaviour. Bummer

@UserCustomerGwen
Could you please tell us if the rtsp stream on the wc3 is H265? This would explain additional CPU usage to decode

1 Like

“Media Information” on VLC should reveal?

1 Like

It only seems to me to be additional decoding CPU (average ~5% CPU to 20% CPU when adding 1 camera) when using rtsp:// prefix and enabling UDP checkbox. That is odd to me, and I believe it is a BI thing.

Good call :slight_smile:
H264

1 Like

I see in the shot it’s showing 6.32 FPS, likely nothing is moving. Does it do full out 20 FPS on night vision or does it drop down by 5FPS? i.e. 20 FPS no matter day/night, nightvision on/off? Did you try to set it to night vision OFF and set it for DUSK mode? If you have any light in the back yard this will look good.

Nice backyard. No local bylaws to surround the pool with fence? Here you cannot have a pool not totally encased with a fence, regardless of whether or not your property is fenced.
i.e. A toddler can slide the back patio door open and end up in the pool; high number of such tragic events. Quebec has more pools per capita than most places in north america,

I am unable to get this working on BI, no matter how I add it, either mapping it to an existing camera profile for v2 (that I no longer use, and just switch the IP), or create add a new camera, use Generic or the Wyze camera option, it still crashes BI almost as soon as it connects to the RTSP feed.

@K6CCC - your rig is much better, I have a lowly E3-1225v3, pushing 9 VMs (7running) and one of them is Windows with BI with 7-10 cameras (**depending on use). Only 30% CPU usage though on that VM, so doing well. Still unsure why BI is crashing, I see that @tahoejeff is having the same issue with BI v4. I am thinking of posting in the ipcamtalk.net forum to see if this is a possible issue with BI that may have been resolved after the version of BI5 that I’m running.

Also @jmarcum is running on iSpy without any issue(s), so things are pointing to Blue Iris, at least for now unless someone else running another software get this reboot issue.

The specs for the v3 fps normal rate per the shop site:

I wouldn’t think RTSP would change any of that.

1 Like

Thanks! I have the FPS restricted down in iSpy to 6FPS unless recording. Not sure on the total FPS in night vision mode. We are out in the country, so there is very little ambient light, other than the moon & stars. We have no toddlers here but still have alarms on the exterior doors and a Pool Guardian on the pool. Local laws say the pool has to be fenced, any gates have to open outwards, and must close & latch on their own. There are some distance from grade requirements for the latches and for picket spacing, but it is a solid fence so the spacing rules didn’t apply. The pool area is entirely fenced, but it is a small area of our ~ 2 acre yard. It passed the local final inspection with no issues :slight_smile:

I’m running iSpy on a Dell Optiplex 7040 running Windows 10 with an i7-6700 CPU @ 3.4GHz with 16Gb of memory. Nothing special, it’s actually an old business class PC. Here are the current stats, iSpy is monitoring 4 out of 5 WYZE v3 cameras via RTSP, 1 WYZE v2 via RTSP and 3 generic Chinese IP cameras, 1 via ONVIF, 2 via RTSP. image

I must say the firmware is working well with my Synology … AND … a couple more days and I was hitting the buy button to replace the V3 with a Hikvision … so BRAVO Wyze for outting the RTSP firmware… You saved another customer from defecting …

1 Like

Had to reinstall BI each time. It would crash too fast to disable the new camera.
So glad I had the settings backed up!

Jist unplug the camera, gives you a little time to unplug and disable. Its really strange that even with the camera disconnected powered down it keeps crashing.